ALRIGHT i'm posting a new topic SizeMik, AGuest, TaleSin, BroMac, Wannabe, MindBlown, ProdigalSon here you go

by Voices 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Voices
    Voices

i'm reposting this in a fresh new post because I know people don't always look back lol. I had to go to sleep to be ready for work.

Shelb-a-'runey'! (just kidding! I hope you get the 'nick-swagger-name' pun thing i just did ...)

I didn't get upset by any means .... I will be honest, I was a little jealous though about her success and I had no clue you actually knew anyone. i feel kinda bad because I think a little bit ago i leaked a lil of my fruistrations known to you in an email or PM and I was like 'know anyone inthe music industry?' ...and it was just ashot in the dark. I didn't think you did and I didn't get a response to that, which i undersatnd now cause you've been busy. And I hope by putting up my fruistration on this website isn't taken as a response to that email. (i honestly didn't think you did) But anyway. Your proud parent moment is not unwelcomed.(...you...SHALL BURN IN HELL FOR IT!!!! j/k) It's fine. Take away the thread if needed. I'm kinda feeling better now.

To Everyone:

One of my biggest problems I ended up dealing with is that I made a song, put together a song, and i'm not happy with it, even though 9 out of 10 people like it, (this is where my 'Voices your being too hard on yourself' is a GOOD thing) and everyone keeps trying to get me to do more, but my apple G5 computer's motherboard broke down.....and I don't have any resources to create music. So I feel LIMITED now and became fruistrated with everything. I had been posting on craigs list about meeting up with a band, trying out with various vocal groups. I even hired my girlfriend to do 'management' stuff, which...she stopped doing after the first day. So I was Trying to find people that would assist launching me...etc.. and people see my potential and I got frustrated. So I have a 'demo' available that I'm trying to get PICKED UP, and people to see HEY....this kid....has something. But....people just don't want to give it a chance.

but instead we have people like Paris Hilton making music, and that SHIT for brain crap that comes out of all these artists. ('big time rush' etc..) And i'm trying to fix my apple to get back on making MORE music. And trying to PROMOTE myself, and trying to GET my foot into the recording studio so I HAVE the resources to make music agian with others.More hardware, more professional support and help.

I've tried youtube.... it's fruistrating because i'm not getting any hits....and my friend puts up this LAME video of someone getting kicked int he balls or something, and POW! 25,000 views. ...me? 209 views. i'm trying to get assistance and i got fruistrated.

I am able to take TONS of samples and cut and mix and splice, and dice and bam! ......song. i'm not PERFECT, hence i said i know i have it, just someone to guide it. Like I said, the local scene here, feels dead. I've been on craigslist etc.. trying to get with other bands/groups/people/producers and had no luck. I have the ear and heart, not so much fingers. Give me ALL the samples in the world.....the shittiest, and i'll splice, dice, mix, master, and you'll have a hit.

I wrote this to someone and i'll say it here:

I would like to say PLEASE listen to this song with headphones. I spent a lot of time with panning and automation.

Secondly, this is NOT a song i'm happy with. I feel like the intro is too boring and stale. It's redundant and I felt like it needed to be this way due to redundancy I hear with techno electronic songs because it was originally a birthday present for my girlfriend who lives with me, that DOES like techno music. I'm very proud of the chorus and the number of samples used to cut and chop and mix in the middle section, with the reprise ending. Again my motherboard crashed and i wasn't able to finish the end or edit now to make the intro different..less boring. There's a sample missing in the end. Thats why there's a 'this needs to be shorter' feeling at the end. I don't know if there's anything you feel you can do, but if this is how my music sounds when it's the type of music that i DON'T want to make, imagine what i can do when it IS the type I want to make, with the right people. The extended stuff, I feel my girlfriend put me in a box of 'this should be drawn out like this, and it's not long enough, and etc...' which I feel created some thngs I'm not proud of here. I also have a very SHORTER version of this song. [I would like to add, if you don't use headphones, you wont see the automation/panning, which is really important to this particular song]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB8ND45xUyE

That is a picture of me, which is a very good approach, if given the publicity with black trench coat etc.. I've already been told by all the high school girls etc.. that's a 'kick ass idea.' .....again potential in the imagine.

I FINALLY got a descent microphone, studio quality, and when I FIRST started my session to work with lyrics.........my motherboard crashed. I want to add: this was a birthday present to my girlfriend originally. I want it to be clear that THIS IS NOT WHAT TYPE OF MUSIC I WANT TO MAKE. But this is the closest 'finish' or 'close to finish' project i have. But if like I said....if this is how good I can make stuff that I DON'T like...imagine what i can do with things I DO like.Sounds that I DO want to make and work with someone on.

ProdigalSon.....You are SO right. I know that if i got my 'foot in the door'....i would NEVER have to whipe any patient's ass or give a catheter or anything else involved in my nursing career.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Hmmm, not really of fan of Electronica so it's hard for me to comment. But as an arranger with many years experience writing, arranging and producing diverse styles of music I would suggest you try to vary your backgrounds, especially the drums (and PARTICULARLY the Hi-hat) to something more closely approximating what a real HUMAN drummer might do.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Voices, these links might be of interest to you.... from a musician who was in a position to know.....

The Truth About the Entertainment Industryby Wes Penre, 2004

http://www.illuminati-news.com/art-and-mc/index2.htm

The Music Industry, an Important Tool for the Controlling Elite

http://www.illuminati-news.com/articles2/00289.html

How the CIA and Military Control the Music Industryhttp://www.illuminati-news.com/00357.html

• BroMac
    BroMac

Voices: 4:30-5:30 sounds real good! Chemical Brothers or Orbital in there for sure. sorry but i did not listen through phones so i cant comment on your panning or 'spacials' as i call them. as the track comes back 'in' around 5:00-5:30 it would benefit from a more 'layered intensity' to create that build up to the Beat track. but as you say this isn't the genre you particularly care for, thats why i like it. good job.

00DAD: that Hi-Hat is what all Dance & House producers have used from 80's Acid House/Rave all the way to todays Dance, essential to have a big kicking bass too. i would like to listen to some of your musical arrangements if available. I've got a good ear, and that sounds exciting stuff you just mentioned.?

BroMac

• sizemik
    sizemik

Voices . . .

I'm not a fan of the style either . . . I'm a bit old school.

Here's my only advice for what it's worth . . . you have a good voice? . . . get a band together. If you haven't done so already, find a band that can play your style . . . or put your own ensemble together. There are venues in most places that have jam nights for a start. Then trawl for some gigs. And get performing live to an audience.

The reason I say this . . . a live audience gives you valuable instant feedback . . . what they like and what they don't. You can sense it immediately. What connects with them will guide your art . . . even subconsciously. Having other musicians involved can help too . . . you can write to the musicians around you. You need to aim for more than just musician or song writer . . . you need to be an entertainer. If you land some gigs you can sell cd's as well. It's still the best way to develop a fan base IMO . . . and a presence in the industry. Launching a career on the net alone is difficult . . . a lot of people try it but only a small few get any traction.

• mind blown
    mind blown

Voices.....Thank You for taking the time to post your song...

I'm very familiar with various styles of electronic music. The thing is, electronic isn't as popular in the US as it once was, though still really big in Europe. There is only one club in Hollywood which still caters to electornic.... http://www.dasbunker.org/.........but most of what they play is old school or new European.

There are also a few record labels catering to electornic but you'd have to look then up. I have long forgotten which ones they were.

A couple of pointers. As a creative, if you're not happy with this style, you should move on to one you're happier with. ((Who's to say you can't have two projects in different styles, it's done all the time))

The other thing is, this song has a quite a " few styles" of electronic sounds which is good, however, lean out to the ones that complement each other. I don't mean your fast to slow pace. I mean actual style/sound.

Believe me, I do know your frustration! Getting a band together is a whole other pain in the ass animal. However, if you can take the time to find the right people and even when you do....sometimes life steps in and they leave for various reasons or egos get in the way. If you're lucky you'll find the right people or may to keep replacing members until the right ones stick. It happens. Don't take it personal.

Now, if you can do projects on your own and or find one other person that you're compatable with, this is a good way to go. HOWEVER, DO THE STYLE YOU LOVE TO DO...

Writing music is a constant process.... hard work...but worth it because you love to create!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit