Watchtower Tenets and the Bed of Procrustes

by JWStruggle 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JWStruggle
    JWStruggle

I recently published an article on my blog about the mythical villian Procrustes (pronounced: proh-KRUHS-teez) and how he and the WT have something in common. Notice the assertion made regarding 1 Corinthians 1:10 in this magazine quote:

Now if anyone comes into the congregation to try to upset adherence to that true Word of God and causes stumbling or a division in the congregation, it is necessary to avoid that one. The best way to avoid him is to disfellowship that person, set him aside, get him out of the congregation. (WT 1952 3/1 p. 135 par. 11 Keeping the Organization Clean)

The rest of the article is on my blog, here:

http://www.jwstruggle.com/2011/10/watchtower-tenets-and-the-bed-of-procrustes/

As always, feedback is welcomed.

JJ

www.jwstruggle.com

• Teary Oberon
    Teary Oberon

Your site set off the alarms from Teary's "Web of Trust" add-on. All red ratings, not good :(

• agonus
    agonus

Theseus has always been a personal favorite of mine amongst Hellenic mythopoetic characters. His coolness factor just shot way up :-)

• JWStruggle
    JWStruggle

@Teary - I'm aware that the "Web of Trust" extension rates the site badly- but have not been able to figure out why... There is no nefarious code at all it is just a wordpress blog...

• JWStruggle
    JWStruggle

I submitted a request for examination to WOT and am waiting to see if they can explain why the site is considered "dangerous". The only thing I can think of is that a JW rated it as dangerous due to considering it an "apostate website". Anyway, here is what I submitted in the online form to them:

---------------------------------------

Introduction:
    My wordpress blog is a spiritual support site for sincere people that have become disillusioned by their membership in the Jehovah's Witness religion. It is to help them figure out and get through their crisis of conscience. It contains no pop-ups, advertisements, hateful speech, foul language, pernicious web code, etc.

I have received many thank you emails and comments from hundreds of folks that appreciate it. Yet recently someone brought to my attention that it had a "bad reputation" on WOT and I can't understand why. If something needs to be fixed or changed please let me know and I will fix it!

Thank you,
    JJ
    jwstruggle.com

Has privacy policy?
    Owner said Yes

Has a way for users to contact site owners?
    Owner said Yes

---------------------------------------

http://www.mywot.com/en/forum/17322-jwstruggle-com

• agonus
    agonus

Good Lord, even unofficial JW sites intended to SUPPORT the brotherhood with difficult issues of faith (rather than the WT canard of "tearing down the brotherhood") are considered "apostate"?

Jeez, why does the WT think that some JWs feel the necessity to start sites like this? Could it be that they're not offering that support themselves - outside of the usual "see no apostasy, hear no apostasy, speak no apostasy"? Criminy!

• JWStruggle
    JWStruggle

UPDATE: The Web of Trust folks have been great and JWStruggle.com is no longer a "dangerous" website and is now in the green category.

After submitting an explanation of what JWS is about two of their forum members investigated the site, gave some suggestions, and said there is no reason for it to be considered objectionable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit