Watchtower STUDY EDITION - Vehicle for Vitriol and REALLY crazy statements?

by punkofnice 87 Replies latest watchtower bible

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Is it me or do I notice that all the weird and hateful cultish statements are now appearing in the 'Study Edition' washtowels?

Anointed are nuts - August 15, 2011 Watchtower (the study edition) pg 22 QfR: Memorial partakers. This is the number
    of baptized individuals who partake of the emblems at the Memorial worldwide. Does this total represent the number of anointed
    ones on earth? Not necessarily. A number of factors—including past religious beliefs or even mental or emotional imbalance—might cause some to assume mistakenly that they have the heavenly calling. We thus have no way of knowing the exact number of anointed ones on earth; nor do we need to know. The Governing Body does not keep a list of all partakers, for it does not maintain a global network of anointed ones.

Apostates are nuts – July 15, 2011 WT ‘’Well, apostates are 'mentally diseased', and they seek to infect others with their disloyal teachings."

Elders should Slaughter Apostates (but we never said that!) Nov 15, 2011 WT - "The prophet Elisha sent one of the sons of the prophets to anoint Jehu as king and to instruct him to kill every male of the apostate house of Ahab.—2 Ki. 8:28; 9:1-10." "Though the thought of violence is unpleasant, we should realize that in those days, Jehovah used his servants to carry out his judgments.... Today, no servant of Jehovah uses physical force against opponents of pure worship. “Vengeance is mine,” God says. (Heb.10:30) But to rid the congregation of potentially corrupting influences, Christian elders may have to act with courage similar to that of Jehu. (1 Cor. 5:9-13) And all members of the congregation need to be determined to avoid the company of disfellowshipped individuals.— 2 John 9-11." "Jehu announced that he intended to hold “a great sacrifice” for Baal. (2 Ki. 10:18, 19) “This is a clever play on words on the part of Jehu,” says one scholar. While the term employed here “generally means ‘sacrifice,’ it is also used of the ‘slaughter’ of apostates.” "It is true that Jehu spilled much blood. Yet, the Scriptures present him as a courageous man...

I appreciate the WBT$ has printed whacky stuff before the 'Study Edition' became available.

However, is this the reason for the 'Study Edition' so that the public won't see the cultish hatred within the WBT$ leadership?

Now the public won't see it they can ramp up the vitriol to a frenzy.

I know they say it can be made available to the public if they request it.......................DUH? Who in the public will request it? Who in the public knows about it generally? Gimme a break!

It looks like the WBT$ are in serious trouble!

Regards Paolo!

• sizemik
    sizemik

Now the public won't see it they can ramp up the vitriol to a frenzy.

That aspect of it is a bit of a worry Unky . . . the "in-house" propaganda is always lot's more wacky.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

sizemik - I live in a vain hope it'll be the straw that breaks the camel's back and wake more 'honest hearted ones' up.

How happifying!

• Mary
  • Mary
    Mary
    is this the reason for the 'Study Edition' so that the public won't see the cultish hatred within the WBT$ leadership?

Yepper. They'd rather keep their true nature as a nice little surprise once the victim has been sufficiently brainwashed into believing that the WTS is God's truth.

My JW sister brought the subject up a couple of months ago as it really pissed her off that they were talking about 'not associating with family members who are disfellowshipped'. Far from obeying them (even though I'm not DF'd, she knows full well that I don't believe their bullshit anymore), it annoyed her and she said to me "they need to stop trying to control everyone's life". I told her that the internet has changed everything and that the reason so many are leaving is because they can't hide all their dirty little secrets anymore and that the truth is just one click away.

I don't know if it's the GB or some some goon in the Writing Department that's coming up with this tripe, but I'd say over the last year that more and more of the study articles reek of "desperation" to shore up the numbers. They just truly don't seem to get that all the rules have changed and that people are not just automatically jumping when they're told to.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Cults tend to use two languages to get to people. First they come at you with something that generally makes sense, and if it is a Christian cult, they will use scriptures pointing to something good; a better world, a better life, a good life for your kids, etc.

Then, at some point, the language changes from the initial Bible based references to the deeper language of the cult. With the Watchtower, it's talk of the anointed remnant, two classes of Christians, the way to treat those who disagree (aka apostates), false religion, etc. Often the references are not found in the Bible but everyone seems to act like they are. One language gets you in, the other sucks you down and makes you the cult's property.

When the two versions of the Watchtower started, I wondered how much clearer it could be that the Society is speaking two languages, like a cult, rather than the pure language of truth. What other reason could there possibly be for having two versions of the Watchtower Magazine.

(Zeph 3:9, "For then will I turn to the peoples of a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of Jehovah, to serve him with one consent." American Standard Version)

A pure language should be the aim of a truly Christian religion, not two languages.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Mary - Agreed! As we have been reminded here on more than one occasion Admiral Ackbar says: 'It's a trap!'

Scenic Viewr - That is so true. The old 'bait and switch' in H-bomb proportions!

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

'bait and switch' in H-bomb proportions!

You're thinking on a grand scale...H-bomb proportions. Love it!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Scenic Viewer - Thanks. I'm also showing my age. I'm sure the WBT$'s shares in RANDCAM have gone to perfecting more prolific weapons than the old H-bomb!

Maybe they're inventing the 'Love-Bomb' to blast people into the WBT$ cult.

• designs
    designs

CRAZY only gets worse...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit