What if...?

by Shrugged 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Shrugged
    Shrugged

Imagine the following:

A letter is read in all congregations , which reads: " It is no longer necessary to shun those who are disfellowshipped. Friendship and family relations can continue as usual. Of course we are delighted that the faithful and discreet slave gives us new light in these matters " ...

I've thought a lot about this, and how I would react if this became a reality. To be honest , I think I would give the cold shoulder to those who might begin to contact me again. After all this time, i dont see how i could act like nothings ever happened.

And how would they react when I say thanks but no thanks ? Would they think I was heartless and cold ? Would they understand at all ?

This will of course never happen , but it is fun to play with the idea . :)

• N.drew
    N.drew

Hello Shrugged! Welcome to the forum. I would not make a blanket decision for all my former friends. Personally I believe nobody would contact me, I'm not even disfellowshipped. My former friends took it upon themselves to judge me, I have not heard from anyone for a year, because I voiced my doubts about the "truth". I do not recommend burning bridges. I say live and let live!

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

if that happened, the watchtower would lose 25%+ of its membership overnight, imo.

• Shrugged
    Shrugged

Maby you are right N.drew, but it´s a matter of principle. At least i would let them know that i suffered big time because of the shunning. I have a friend who is disfellowshipped and we hang out sometimes, nice guy, but he wants to come back to the borg and is a steadfast KH visitor. When he does come back, i fear that he will cut contact with me again. How shall i react to that? Maby he gets disfellowshipped again and wants to resume contact? I dont know man...

• talesin
    talesin

Shrugged

I've already done that, kinda. I don't talk to or want any news about those who shun me. Until recently, I saw/talked to my parents on a regular basis. They were angry and thought I was 'heartless' for not caring about my family. HUH???? "Reverse shunning" just doesn't fit with the program, as far as I can tell. They just ..... don't ...... get it!

wee-ird! 'don't do as I do,,, do as I say"

t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit