No More Missionaries

by Lunatic Faith 68 Replies latest jw friends

• Alfred
    Alfred

the witchtower knows they can spin this into anything they want and most jay dubs won't ever have a clue what's really behind all of this... this will likely be viewed by the average jay dub as a "sign" that jehovah is wrapping up the preaching work and that armageddon is right around the corner... again.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

No more Missionaries? What about Doggy and Reverse Cowgirl?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Alfred is right. I remember when I really thought the GB was truly interested in my spiritual health. That hurdle is what keeps most JW's in. They still feel that the GB is interested in everyones spritual health. But now that we understand that it's a corporation and that it operates as a corporation, we know that the GB doesn't give a hoot about us individually. So the spiritual needs of those in distant countries is really just a personal problem. Put it on the local brothers

• metatron
    metatron

My God..... is there any point at which the average Witness actually wakes up to understand that the Governing Body sees them as nothing more than numbers, functionaries or expendable cannon fodder?

They dumped long term Bethelites into the worst labor market in 60 years. You like that phrase? It came from a f**king Ex-Bethelite, folks, who got dumped after many years of faithful service.

Which would you rather be? A sucker who bought into the Watchtower's false assurances, working at Bethel for maybe 20+ years? Or how about getting laid off after 20+ years working for GM or some other Worldly organization that happens to give severance and support to its employees? Which misfortune is preferable?

So, now Gilead is quietly ended. And what does it manifest about the Governing Body's care for people in their charge? What, they can't afford a crappy 5 -6 months and a continuing pittance to support these people in wretched 3rd world countries, in which living is globally cheap and can't do pathetic training in a new language and culture? Really?

Good God, how cheap can they be? With at least 100's of millions invested in saleable real estate, they can't afford to train missionaries?

You Lurkers out there, hiding and secretly reading these posts, THINK FOR YOURSELVES FOR A CHANGE ! THEY don't care about people. Money and control is everything and they NEVER will invest in any infrastructure for their members - like Catholics or Mormons . Instead they will condemn college and ruin families and do anything required for their own selfish survival, in their Upstate NY Country Club

Take this news as evidence that the Organization of Jehovah's Witnesses is increasingly a feeble facade, addicted to simple fantasies and incapable of practical effort.

metatron

• Quendi
    Quendi

Not only are the number of cracks in the WTS growing, they are widening and deepening as well. This is indeed good news!

Quendi

• MrDarkKnight
    MrDarkKnight

It's interesting that the focus of Gilead has turned from providing training to bring people in to providing training to keep people in.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Does anyone know how this will effect current Missionaries? There is one couple (relatives) in particular I am thinking of who went to Africa in thier twenties who are now in their 40's....can't imagine what they'd do if they got downsized !

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Walk On-I remember this KM article and at the time I laughed because it encourage retired people to move to foreign countries. The article then stated something to the affect that they couldn't count on the Society to help with fleshly things, but what would the Society help them with? Information about the country of their choice...as if they couldn't get that info from the internet. They want retired people to go, because their retirement money might stretch farther in some 3rd world country.

CJ

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I know of at least 2 families that sold their home and all other posessions to move where the need is great in South America...since the end did not come soon enough, they had to come back home and start from scratch because they ran out of funds...pass go and do not collect $200....

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    (sir 82:) It's one of the more expensive investments in people that the Society makes ... supporting missionaries financially in their assignments.

I question if there is any meaningful support of Watchtower missionaries. Why are missionaries writing home, begging for money from friends and family? Why do they come back home for a few months "sabbatical", work long hours and saving every dime they can to feed themselves when they return to the field?

(Wha happened?:) Nothing said about paying expenses.

That agrees with what I saw in Ex's congregation. The missionary was pretty much on his own for personal support. The overseas Branch's operating expenses were subsidized, but the missionary had to plea with family and friends back home to send money for living expenses. (The particular case I knew of involved a country where a missionary's visa did not allow seeking secular employment, so "Go get a job!" was not an option.) It seems to me that non-support of Watchtower missionaries is not a recent development.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit