Russia introduces chemical castration for pedophiles

by angel.face 3 Replies latest social current

• angel.face
    angel.face

The story is here : http://rt.com/news/pedophilia-russia-chemical-castration-059/

The article claims that since 2005 pedophilia has grown twenty fold in Russia alone. Under this new law males found guilty of sex crimes against children who are under the age of 14 will face chemical castration and repeat offenders will face a life sentence. Personally, I think people who are aware of pedophile activity and do not report it should face the same fate. Are they not just as guilty?

• Lore
    Lore

The cool thing about chemical castration is that, if new evidence arises and the person was actually innocent, they can just stop taking the meds and there is, in theory, no permanant harm.

My question is, will this actually fix the problem? Is it a sex drive thing, or is it a mental disorder that's still gonna be there even if they have no labido? I have no idea, so I guess I'm glad they're doing this in Russia so we can learn from their experiments.

Personally, I think people who are aware of pedophile activity and do not report it should face the same fate. Are they not just as guilty?

They are guilty. . . I wouldn't say JUST AS guilty. Also this castration punishment isn't just there to punish people, it's intended to fix the problem, or at least reduce the pedophiles desire to reoffend.

Chemically castrating a theif would not do any good.
    Chemically castrating a drug dealer would not do any good.
    And of course chemically castrating people in authority who don't do the morally right thing by reporting pedophiles wouldn't do any good at all. . .

• Lore
    Lore

Out of curiousity, what are they doing to female pedophiles?

• angel.face
    angel.face

I wondered about that too. It looks like they are just going after the male pedophiles.

OK, maybe they are not JUST AS GUILTY (I was a bit angry when I posted) but they should somehow be brought to justice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit