Today's Watchtower Lesson Really Bothered Me...

by dontplaceliterature 83 Replies latest jw friends

• Odrade
    Odrade

The people who will bury their heads will do it whether the statements are overt or sugar coated. The ones who have a chance of waking up... well, they need to hear those things. I know words like this definitely contributed to my subconscious breakdown and exit.

• lostandconfused
    lostandconfused

true...I just compare this to my parents, It's like they have no free thinking whatsoever. They say everything printed in the publications are for our benifit...it's a shame...

• Odrade
    Odrade

Yep, it is sad. And people like that will use WT studies like this to justify their choice of shunning. My mother is like this. Ultimately though, it's her choice, and if even hateful and shocking statements like this can't wake her up, that's on her.

What a shame.

• nateb
    nateb

I was a hair away from telling my wife I never wanted to go to the Kingdom Hall again after today's Watchtower.

Follow your instincts.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Has it ever occurred to them that the Israelites in the Bible DID NOT EXIST AS WRITTEN?!

• Fernando
    Fernando

"I could never justify shunning my mind." (MrFreeze)

At least that's how I first read it.

And that is what membership requires.

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

"If you think having to shun your disfellowshipped children is bad...you should read up on the Israelites. When one of their children was disobedient to the law, they had to take the before the Judges so that they could be stoned to death...and guess who's job it was throw the first stone?"

And yet he is correct, as I see it. This is the sort of comment I wanted to make at the hall to try and wake up the sleepers.

Maybe he was trying to do the same.

When some brothers would comment sympathetically about some fatal accident/disaster I wished I had said ''if you think that's bad brothers, wait till Armageddon. It'll be a bloodbath.''

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Makes me wish i was there...

for i would have stood up and very loudly declared how disgusting their religion is before walking out.

sicko's the lot of them.

oz

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Leolaia:

"He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone" (John 8:7).

I was going to say the same thing.

Matt 7:1 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Our WT conductor looked at me and said "Isn't that great?" A bunch of other comments and even laughter about the picture "guess who's not helping him with his luggage" made me literally cry, I had to get out of there and I didn't return until it was over. I still have to go once in a while in order to keep my relationship with my wife and child and I wish I didn't (or maybe I did, I don't know). Also did you notice, people may have said that light progresses in their comments but if you read into the WT, it doesn't say that anymore. \

The "new light" scripture is now said to be "the unfolding of God's purpose". Yes, God now can go in several directions even backwards, the slave just follows the direction of the spirit, it's God's unfolding purpose, blame flip flops and regressions on God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit