Worst Watchtower Study Ever?

by FrankWTower 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• FrankWTower
    FrankWTower

Hi everybody,

This past week's (9/11/2011) watchtower study on apostates has been the worst study I've had to endure ever since I opened my eyes up to the Watchtower's "truth."I disgusted me. I wish more people could actually see what's in front of them. It was absoluetly aweful.

There were so many fallacies in the article that I'm saving a PDF version for future reference.

What are your thoughts on it?

• cedars
    cedars

Hello FrankWTower

As bad as Sunday's Watchtower was, I personally think the one in 2 weeks' time will be even worse (regarding shunning) in which disfellowshipped youngsters are likened to Nadab and Abihu in an extremely flawed analogy.

My thoughts on this week's Watchtower on apostates were posted on another thread (click here).

• flipper
    flipper

FRANK W TOWER- I'm sure it was one of the worst WT studies ever. I haven't attended in almost 8 years , but myself and others started threads on this board about this July 15th issue and it's completely wack and crazy.

I mean the WT society infers in paragraph 7 that " clearly, apostates do NOT have our best interests at heart . " How does the WT society know that ? Most apostates I know DO have the best interests of JW's at heart ! They want them to know the REAL truth about the alleged " truth ". And then the comment that " apostates are "mentally diseased " and they seek to infect others with their disloyal teachings . " ???? Most of us who stop attending meetings don't want followers after ourselves , we just want to be left alone from intruding JW's.

And then the kicker- to discourage ANY JW's from doing any research to prove their points against the so-called " apostates " - the WT says in paragraph 10 , " Such stories only " furnish questions for research " - that is, raise frivolous questions that lead to POINTLESS RESEARCH. "

How does the WT society know that researching apostates ideas is " pointless research " ?? If it's so pointless , then no harm could come to Witnesses that check the Internet to see if their claims are true ! Or is the WT society HIDING something ?? Ah ! I think THAT is closer to the truth.

WT society is running scared and doesn't want rank & file Witnesses finding out incriminating information about the WT society. They are losing members and this is a tactic they are using to try preventing more loss of numbers

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

It isn't necessarily this week's study that is the worst ever, it is the entire July 15, 2011 issue of the rag.

Absolute hate-filled garbage from cover to cover.

• Ding
    Ding

I don't know why the WT bothers to quote the Bible any more.

Most JWs will believe whatever the GB tells them regardless of what the Bible does or doesn't say.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

<<I don't know why the WT bothers to quote the Bible any more. Most JWs will believe whatever the GB tells them regardless of what the Bible does or doesn't say.>>

Undoubtedly to maintain the illusion of biblical support.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

My thoughts (and I seemed to kill my own thread!)

• N.drew
    N.drew

From one apostate to another <3

peace!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Doesn't anyone find the fact that the WT was so threatened as to stress apostacy a good thing? I think it is wonderful. The Wt will never change. Individuals can. So many individuals have had to leave and cause problems that they are wasting time and resources honing this theme.

Specific individuals don't matter but the cumulative effect must be powerful. Hail the Internet.

• sizemik
    sizemik

It's astounding to see a description of what I am "supposed" to be according to WT$ . . . and who I really am.

It clearly sets about to "Satanise" me and stir up even more hatred for me from my old friends.

It is simply a shameful and evil misrepresentation . . . hateful propaganda . . . and they damn well know it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit