I prayed and then there was a knock at the door ...

by wannabefree 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

... were they Jehovah's Witnesses?

Not in these experiences. Next time a JW shares an experience about God sending a Witness to a door of someone praying, share these experiences with them ....

... i went to our little Bure in front of our house and prayed to heavenly father and asked that if this was the true church and i was to be baptised for him to send back Elder Rigamoto to baptise me. Well it was in November, 2000 when i was coming back from school and i thought to go and pay a visit to the elders so i could meet the new missionary who was to replace Elder Rigamoto. To my surprise when i walked in the house Elder Rigamoto was standing there smiling with no idea that my prayer had just been answered. I was then baptised and i have no regrets and I am also very blessed.

http://www.ldscompanion.org/index.php?op=stories&id=96

The Importance of Missionary Work
    Sister Petra G. de Hernandez of Monterrey, Mexico, told her story:

"Nineteen years ago my husband died in an automobile accident. It was then that I felt the need to find God, so that he could help me with my family. My youngest daughter was eleven months old.

"One night, in the midst of my desperation, ... I prayed to the Lord as if I were talking to another person. I asked him to show me the path to take in life. I told him that I knew he existed, but I didn't know where. I asked him to show me how or where to find him. I did it with such faith and desire to find the truth that I shall never forget that prayer.

"The answer to my prayer was not long in coming. One morning two young missionaries knocked on my door and said they were from the Mormon Church and that they brought me a very important message. I had heard about the Mormons, but I had not been the least interested in them. I let them come in and they began the first lesson. As I received the first lesson, I felt that what they were saying was true, and I told them I wanted to be baptized with my family. ...

"Since the day we accepted the gospel our lives have changed completely. I was now sure that God hears our prayers. ...

"I can say with assurance that we are a united family due to the gospel and to those two missionaries who knocked on my door fifteen years ago.

http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?hideNav=1&locale=0&nav=0&sourceId=a6f17befabc20110VgnVCM100000176f620a____&vgnextoid=198bf4b13819d110VgnVCM1000003a94610aRCRD

In that 5 month time period from when I prayed to the Lord to send me to a church that was accurate to His teachings.....the only people that came to talk to me about God was an ex-Roman Catholic Christian woman and her ex-Roman Catholic dad that had become a Pastor. In that 5 month time period from when I prayed to God up until the day I got saved, no Mormons or Jehovah's Witnesses came knocking on my door and they would always come to my house on Saturdays. As soon as I got saved though, guess who came back knocking on my door again....yup the Mormons and the Jehovah's Witnesses...lol. Then the Lord wanted me to talk to them and tell them His true Gospel and my testimony too. In the 5 month period also from right after I prayed that prayer until the day I got saved, I just want to add that unfortunately no Roman Catholic's came to talk with me at all either in that time period. Only Christian Born Again believers, followers of Jesus Christ.

http://2praisegod.com/testimony/2011/08/roman-catholic-to-christianity-conversion/

I Prayed You Would Come
    Artur Arakelyan

I am a Global Mission pioneer. I was selling books door-to-door in a city in Armenia. I knocked on one door in an apartment house, and a woman answered. I introduced myself and my work. She welcomed me in and listened as I told her about the books.

She looked up with tears in her eyes and said, "Just before you came to my door, I was praying that God would send someone to help me know more about God and the Bible. I believe God sent you." The woman, Alvart, said that her 11-year-old daughter had been attending a Protestant church and often told her things she was learning about God. Although Alvart wasn't attending the church, her daughter's comments created a hunger to know more.

Then she told how one day three months earlier she had put her 2-year-old son to sleep in his stroller near the bedroom window and went about her housework. Her daughter, Anna, was playing outside in the apartment courtyard. The baby awoke and climbed from the stroller onto the windowsill and fell out the window from their ninth-floor apartment. A passerby saw the child falling and screamed. Anna looked up to see her baby brother falling toward her. "Dear Jesus, help me!" she prayed, and instinctively she held out her arms. The baby fell into her arms, and both children tumbled to the ground. Amazingly neither child was hurt.

As Alvart recalled the story, tears welled in her eyes. "At first I thought that God was punishing me for my sins," she said. "But when I realized that God had used my daughter church, to save her brother. Then I realized that God was trying to help me. That's when I began praying to know more about God."

She couldn't afford to buy the books she wanted, so I gave her a small book and offered to study the Bible with her. She gladly accepted. She didn't have a Bible, so I gave her one. She is ready for baptism.

When I first went to this town we had not even one Adventist there. Now we have a group of 10 people who are meeting in a home every Sabbath and studying the Bible. Another 20 or so are interested to know more but haven't committed themselves to Bible studies yet. They're from all walks of life-lawyers, doctors, taxi drivers, and homemakers. I had met them by working as a literature evangelist.

I praise God that our Sabbath School mission offerings help support the work of Global Mission, one way to tell the world that Jesus loves them.

http://ssnet.org/qrtrly/eng/11c/less03.html#is

don't want to say that a young and energetic couple - without jobs - would actually be enjoying the quiet of a day at home - since both would clearly welcome employment. But Keithroy and Topeka Charles were at peace with their situation; they pray daily and radiate a confidence that God will provide. On the morning of April 14 they had discussed how wonderful it would be if their frequent online sweepstakes entries in the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes would bear fruit - in the form of a Big Check.

Keithroy, a St. Kitts native, and Topeka, a native Louisianan, were sitting down to a midday meal in their Baton Rouge, LA, apartment when there was an interruptive knock on the door. Who could that be? Their five-year old boy was not due home from school for over an hour, and they were not expecting anyone else - unless ...!! Could this be their morning prayers answered?

Topeka glanced out the window and thought she saw some colorful balloons passing by. Could it be?!?! She and Keithroy ran to the door, pulled it open, then faced the scene they had seen countless times on TV. But this time it was at THEIR front door: the PCH Prize Patrol stood smiling right in front of them - with a video-cameraman, a TV news reporter, bouquets of roses and balloons, champagne, and a Big Check - for $10,000.00!

http://blog.pch.com/blog/2011/04/25/prayers-answered-with-a-knock-at-the-door/

As I was feeling more than sad about the whole thing, I prayed what I pray when I am overwhelmed by the numbers and pain in our villages... And then there was a knock at the door. Sarah went to answer it, and I heard the name Ida. It started slowly to come together in my mind. The Lord heard my prayer before I even prayed it. He sent me a Landcruiser with a doctor and two nurses from the mission hospital at Ilembula which is about 5 hours away. They were here to see Ida's daughters who are studying here at our school, but they also came to my door to see if there were any sick people that I might want them to see!!!! They could help me by traveling around with me to for two hours before they had to leave.

http://www.villageschools.org/blogs/susan/2010/august/28/and-then-there-was-a-knock-at-the-door

Wessel says he was a child born from an unwanted pregnancy who suffered verbal abuse from his mother, who had mental illness. He was sexually molested, which led him to drinking, drugs, theft and violence, he said. On his way to end his life, he was stopped by a neighborhood pastor who was going door to door inviting young people to attend his church. Believing that knock on the door was more than a coincidence, Wessel decided to give life another chance.

http://www.heritage.com/articles/2011/06/29/life/doc4e03c4b053be1851476849.txt

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Please share similar experiences that can be documented.

• serein
    serein

my life wasnt going very well either and i sat down and prayed and with in a few weeks not same day i was in a relationship with a jws son and it just went from there,i was going catholic church at the time, which coincidently id prayed a few years befor and ended up there so masybe praying to god does get an answer and aslong as u folow the faith path and ur life changes for the better and u learn about him and what ever it dont matter wich religion brought it to you,i duno,

• Norcal_Sun
    Norcal_Sun

Thank you for this post! My mom is a Dub who had that exact experience.. I need to tell her that its NOT unique to the witnesses...

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

In the experiences I posted, in response to prayers God sent Mormons, Adventists, misc. Protestants, and Publishers Clearing House ... or was it coincidence? Of course a JW will have to claim that these were coincidental, and while wanting to hold on to the thought that Jehovah sent JW's in answer to the prayers of their experiences, will at least have to experience an inner turmoil of the possibility that theirs too were a result of coincidence.

• stillin
    stillin

I like the one about the big, bad mugger/rapist/etc who didn't mug/rape/purse-snatch the two pioneer sisters because of the big guy that was with them....surprise! it must have been an angel!

• Open mind
    Open mind

JW's claim to spend around 1 Billion hours a year banging on doors, often unannounced.

Even if the actual figure is only a couple hundred million hours, it is a STATISTICAL CERTAINTY that the JWs, (or UPS Drivers or any other door-to-door group) will interrupt at least a few suicide attempts annually.

(Not to mention also interrupting quite a few sessions of hot & heavy lovemaking, televised sporting events, holiday celebrations, etc.)

om

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Great post.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

More "Mormon" experiences from
    http://www.ldsmag.com/component/zine/article/7258

I Dreamed Three Angels Would Come to My Door with the Truth

Sister Chantelle Bagley

One day as we drove by several homes we had not yet tracted, Sister Kim said, "I think we need to go back and knock on those doors!" Sister Bertucci and I said, "Okay if you feel it's right."

... got out and started knocking. We soon knocked on Sang Hai's door and waited to see if anyone would answer.

Much to our surprise, she let us right in like she was expecting us! We then shared something with her that really caught her attention. For some reason, we said: "God wants us to build up his kingdom here on the earth and the Restoration is the way." This is not a phrase we typically use! She excitedly replied that she also wanted to build up God's kingdom! She did everything we asked of her during the lessons and was baptized two weeks later.

She explained that before we met her she had prayed several times to know how she could help build up the Kingdom of God. ...

She told us that the night before we knocked on her door, she had sincerely prayed for guidance on what God wanted her to do and then she fell asleep. That night she had a dream where she was told that three angels would soon come and knock on her door and that she needed to let them in and listen to what they taught because they would teach her the truth. She told us that normally she never answers the door since she lives alone, but because of her dream the night before, she knew that she needed to hear our message.

When she saw that there were three of us at the door, she knew it was an answer to her prayers, so she anxiously let us inside. After that she always called us her three angels. It is amazing how Heavenly Father leads his missionaries to those who are praying for his help.

Where Did You Find That Copy of the Book of Mormon?

Elder Kelsey G. Carter

The next day we set out to go tracting. We got in the car and we offered up a prayer. Elder Lee was precise with his prayer as he asked the Lord to guide us to someone who was seeking for the truth. Not quite sure where we would end up, we found ourselves near some townhomes.

I took off towards the first door then noticed that I was alone so I turned back to the car to see Elder Lee searching for something in the back seat of our car. I assumed he was just looking for his tracting Bible, but when he shut the door and stood up, he had a nice clean copy of the Book of Mormon in his hand. I immediately asked him, "Where on Earth did you find that?" He replied that he felt like he needed to look just one more time for something to hand out, and it was on the back seat. I was shocked because I knew there was not anything on that back seat. We had cleaned it spotless and there was not the slightest sign of any supplies or books!!

At the fifth home a huge guy came to the door. I was a little nervous, but before I even had time to introduce ourselves he invited us to come in. We went inside and found that he was a Marine and had been deployed twice in the past 18 months to Afghanistan. We were amazed to find that during his 2 deployments, he had read the entire Bible from cover to cover but he had never even heard of the Book of Mormon.

He explained that he was not usually home at this time of day since he works at the Marine base. He was very sincere and we proceeded to share the message of the Restoration and the Book of Mormon with him. The spirit was strong and he humbly agreed to read our material. We left him that copy of the Book of Mormon that just appeared on our back seat, and told him to read and pray about it and God would answer his questions. Later we met his awesome wife Britney and found that she was just as interested as her husband Mark. They were both baptized on Dec 4th. I know that God is aware of all of his children and that He led us to Mark and provided the Book.

Bill's Prayer is Quickly Answered

By Elder Hayden L. Carnline

We had a really good experience yesterday. We were out tracting when we both suddenly had a strong thought that we should go and visit a certain member in our area. His name is Bill Ward and I think he is about 70. When we got close to his home we could see him on his front porch and next to him there was a big pile of boxes.

As we got up closer we could see that they were boxes full of frozen a turkeys from the store, and he was taking them one by one and putting them in storage freezers he keeps out back. We asked him if we could help him and he said absolutely.

..... he thanked us and then he started to get emotional and he told us that as he was moving the boxes all by himself he started to lose strength and his bad knee started to give him a lot of pain, so he stopped and prayed and asked Heavenly Father to please send someone to help with the heavy lifting. We then showed up. I know that God does answer prayers and that he is mindful of each one of us, and that God often works through other people to answer prayers.

the following is from
    http://www.ldsmag.com/component/zine/article/7592?ac=1

While talking on a doorstep one afternoon, our cell phone rang and my companion Elder Brunstad went to the sidewalk to speak on the phone to a family who needed some service as soon as we were available. I told Elder Brunstad that we would go help them after we had finished the street we were on; with only three doors left I thought we had time to finish. But as we were about to knock on the next door, the Spirit whispered that we needed to leave right then. We left and drove to help the family who called, expecting a miracle to be waiting for us when we arrived at their house. We got there, moved some furniture, and shared a scripture, but nothing out of the ordinary occured.

For two weeks I tried to return to finish tracting the street, but we never quite had time to go back there. Finally we returned to the doorstep where the Spirit had previously directed us to leave and we knocked. A woman came to the door, looked at us, and then started to cry. "Mormons? Are the Mormon missionaries really knocking on my door today?" she asked as she looked heavenward.

After a few questions Piedad McKee went on to explain how several years previously she had experienced an unusual dream at her home in Florida. In her dream she saw two young men, dressed in white shirts, knocking on her door and bringing her happiness. When she awoke from her dream she described it to her husband. He told her it must be the Mormon missionaries. He knew just enough about the Church to know how to recognize the missionaries! She had never heard of the Mormons before. Several weeks later however, her husband tragically died. A few days after his funeral, the dream of two young men actually materialized when two missionaries knocked on her door. She invited them into her home and they taught her about the Plan of Salvation and the Restored Gospel. After investigating for a time she moved to Virginia and lost contact with the Church.

She then told us with tears in her eyes that today was her deceased husband's birthday! It was the first time she had not gone to work in many months because she was simply too sad to leave home today! "God and my husband sent you here for my family again didn't they?" After reviewing in my mind the events of the past two weeks, I looked her in the eye and with a surety could say, "Yes, they did." If we had finished tracting the street as previously planned, we would have missed her. It may have been years before missionaries could find her again in such a remote area combined with her work schedule.

the following is from
    http://www.ldsmag.com/component/zine/article/7603?ac=1

I stopped and leaned on a gate into a field and was pondering and I said out loud, "Why don't I feel anything when I am in that church?" I heard a voice say, "I don't want you to go to that church." I felt no fear at the voice and finished my walk home. I did not go to the church again (which caused me problems where I worked at the local school. The supervisor was the bell ringer at that church. She got pretty mad at me for not coming!)

A couple of weeks went by and I had taken my boys to school, returned home and taken out the vacuum cleaner. I sat down thinking, "What can I do about a church?" Immediately there was a knock on the door (which I would not have heard had I been busy vaccuuming). Two young men stood there on the balcony (we lived in a block of flats). One said, "We have a brief message about Jesus Christ." I saw they had this bright light around them and I said, "I know, I've been waiting for you. You have come to bring me the truth. Please come in." I was not at all in the habit of inviting strangers into my home! But these two were definitely different!

http://www.ldsmag.com/component/zine/article/7487?ac=1

A huge snow storm moved in over North Virginia leaving tons of snow everywhere. ...

That afternoon Elder Perkins, Elder Henrie, Elder Barraza, Elder Kirkham and I went out to help people remove the snow from on top of and around their cars. We also hoped to find someone to teach in all of our areas. ...

We eventually decided to drive home for dinner and dry off. ... Within minutes we passed a lady who stood barely 5 feet tall trying to remove snow around her car all by herself. We were so exhausted that we just drove by her without stopping.

Suddenly we all felt the spirit testify to us that we needed to stop, and go back and help now. So we did! We turned around and stopped in front of her home. All five of us got out and we started shoveling and talking to her.

She relayed her story to us ...

She had been suffering from depression and was wondering whether God was really there and if he knew about her needs. ... So she prayed and asked for help in her life.

Following her plea to know if God existed and if he could help her, she dressed in her warmest snow clothes and went out to remove the snow off her car and driveway so she could go to work. After being outside for less than five minutes, our car load of missionaries drove up to her house with shovels all ready to help her physically with her car and spiritually to help answer her questions.

• life is to short
    life is to short

Great thread I remember one time just about three years ago an elder telling me that we can know for sure we are in the true religion because of all the experiences of divine intervention from Jehovah sending his angles ahead of us.

I remember at the time thinking I bet that we are not the only church who claims this but I was too afraid of checking the internet at the time.

I wonder what he would say about the Mormons and the Advents, etc all claiming the same thing as I just knew that others felt that God was using them also like you just pointed out.

So thanks for the great thread and finding all of these examples.

LITS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit