What is sin?

by kes152 9 Replies latest jw friends

• kes152
    kes152

What is sin?

• paulnotsaul
    paulnotsaul

Define which standard you hold your moral and ethic code to ? Or to which God holds you to. If neither then no sin. peaceKes152 paulnotsaul

• dm6
    dm6

kes 152 -

what is sin?

Do you know the difference between right and wrong? Well the "wrong" is sin.

Start there, and you will have an understanding.

Hope this helps.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

A lot of fun

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

I think if you acted against your conscience, or denied who you were when asked, then that would be sin. We all have morals and ethics etc that we live by; and we have to stand up for who we are and what we believe in. Failure to do that is some sort of sin, IMO.

• mindseye
    mindseye

Sin is basically something made up by ancient religions to make people guilt-ridden and miserable, LOL. Ethical systems based of off well-being and empathy for one's fellow man make much more sense, IMHO.

• Terry
    Terry

I know a really fat JW who is anti-homosexual who has probably never spent five seconds thinking about GLUTTONY.

Do we have a scale of badness for sins? Is there a greyscale? Or, is it always what the OTHER guy does that you don't that is real sin?

The amount of time spent in christianity SEPARATING people is viral. What we share in common as humanity is never really embraced as a bond.

The focus is on how others are DIFFERENT. Differences are divisive.

Ironic, isn't it?

Jesus spent time with outcasts of society and had little use for establishment religious authority.

He was betrayed and executed.

Now there is a lesson for all of us!

• paulnotsaul
    paulnotsaul

Amen. Brother Terry.

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

I think sin, whether you are a bible student or not, is when you do something you KNOW is wrong, you know full well going in, but you do it anyway. Mistakes are part of imperfection. Mistakes often happen due to not thinking about if its wrong or not. In my opinion, if you willfully do it, then it counts as a bad thing. Moral, conscience, biblical, whatever.

Totally a personal opinion by the way.

• tec
    tec

I always thought it was pretty simple:

Sin = wrongdoing.

You can also sin agaisnt someone else by doing wrong to them.

Peace,

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit