Fanboys & Girls - Who are YOU?

by mummatron 3 Replies latest social entertainment

• mummatron
    mummatron

I've noticed a few of us here on JWN are of the fanboy/girl ilk.

fanboyA passionate fan of various elements of geek culture (e.g. sci-fi, comics, Star Wars, video games, anime, hobbits, Magic: the Gathering, etc.), but who lets his passion override social graces. At the mall I almost got mowed over by some Dragonball Z fanboy on his skateboard.
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fanboy

So why not let us know what you like?....

JWN Alias: Mummatron

Fave Comic Books / Graphic Novels: Batman, X-Men

Fave Fanboy Movies: Batman, X-Men

Fave Manga / Animé: Perfect Blue, Spirited Away

Fave Video Games: Legend of Zelda, Dead or Alive, Resident Evil, Pokémon, Quake

Fave Arcade Games: House of the Dead, Mortal Kombat, Streetfighter

• cantleave
    cantleave

Sadly - I am a Sci-Fan. Especially the British Sci-Fi Comic 2000AD.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Missed this thread, I'm not a huge comic book fan, but there are some characters that resonate with me, some I'm fascinated with. I've always loved this Megatron picture paying homage to the original bad guy.

Megatron courtesy of Don Figueroa.

I'm a huge fan of Megatron, especially IDW's current intepretation. No more of the, "Decepticons retreat!!!!" No, this Megatron has been too busy to have a sit-down with Optimus Prime because he's had worlds to conquer, enemies to crush with his bare hands. It annoys him to spend whole days scrubbing the oil of vanquished foes off of his fingers. There's several Decepticons, and a few Autobots that I'm obsessed with.

There's other characters like Boba Fett, and Darth Maul that I find intriguing. When Maul stuck Qui Gon and walked away from him casually as if he just got done taking a leak, has got to be one of the greatest triumphant villain scenes ever.

Wolverine is up there too amongst the greats.

• Tralfamadorian
    Tralfamadorian

JWN Alias: Tralfamadorian

Fave Comic Books / Graphic Novels: Dark Tower, Fullmetal Alchemist, Wolverine, Death the High Cost of Living

Fave Fanboy/girl Movies: Star Trek[original series], Star Trek [Next Generation], all the Star Trek Movies, and the first 3 Star Wars Movie [chapters 4-6]

Fave Manga / Animé: Fullmetal Alchemist, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Cowbody Bebop, Trigun

Fave Video Games: Legend of Zelda, LoZ Link to the Past, FFVI, Pokemon, Harvest Moon series

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit