assemblies and my lovely wife

by stillin 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I hear of a lot of couples/families fighting at the conventions. I think everyone is stressed out and tired that week. It's really tiring,packing,planning ,and the traveling to get to the convention. It takes its toll.

I think a part of it may be as simple as that. Most really don't want to be there,and they just would rather be doing anything else. The conventions are exhausting,and I always felt like crap afterwards.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Thank baby Jesus I am in first class and getting free Glenlivet.

nice. The airlines I frequent usually serve Night Train. And the planes only have one working wing.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That is the whole purpose for those "experiences". Usually, it is designed to get people to start pio-sneering or to give up their nice job and do more. Sometimes it is to get people to give up huge amounts of resources for Jehovah.

The experiences are always embellished or outright fake. You sometimes hear about someone that is right out in the audience that "is getting baptized today" as a result of a person's work. Trouble is, it's impossible to actually verify. And, when I hear "Now I have been able to arrange my affairs so I can [privilege in Jehovah's service]", there is something missing. Usually, they don't say anything about the poverty and stagnation that pio-sneering provides. Or, the 18 hour days as a hounder, worrying himself sick because someone is missing the boasting sessions and masturbating.

Nor do you hear about anyone that made reasonable and prudent sacrifices, and got great blessings that they actually personally benefited from. I see no personal benefit from pio-sneering. Never do you hear "I had only to quit smoking and cut back on my drinking, and I was able to get a nice 6- or 7-figure income while still having a decent, regular share in service". Always the legendary sacrifices, and getting nothing for it except that they were able to help someone else.

Another thing I hear all too often is being strict on stupid things. You hear about people getting rid of all their "bad" songs. Or about the world listening to bad songs, and then acting them out. You also hear about stupid things on TV and videos. Trouble is, getting rid of the "bad" songs might cost more than just the loss of the music. You might also hear about holiday celebrations--people boasting about not eating certain foods because they are associated with Christmas or another holiday. And the biggest one--pio-sneering, always Jehovah this and Jehovah that. Again, it is not worth it. Better to "stumble" someone than to add stress to personal relationships.

• dozy
    dozy

Stillin - as others have said , you are not alone. I used to volunteer at the car park at the assemblies & lots of couples & families drove out of the car park arguing (hey - so did my family half the time.) Admittedly being stuck in a traffic jam for an hour afterward doesn't really help matters.

The stress of the day , unrealistic expectations , tired parents & kids. Once the day was over & the "theocratic happy family" mask was taken off , many couples have almighty rows on the way home or back to the accommodation.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Falcon I'm calling BS until you post pics of the spousal unit.

Stillin, we feel you, brother. It sucks being still-in.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Right Sweeney,

here's a photo of Mrs. Falcon at the district convention in line for a new release.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I guess even zombies shampoo every couple days. Who knew?

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

I like her chestnut highlights.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Come get your noo light!

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Thank baby Jesus I am in first class and getting free Glenlivet.

There's Glenlivet and then there's Glenlivet. The stuff they serve in business class is bottom drawer 12 year old - a passable speyside, but generally unremarkable. I'd give it a 75. I much prefer the entry level Lagavulin 16, easily a 90+, but then again I am partial to the Islays anyway. Still, I won't turn down a tumbler of the stuff, especially when it's free.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit