Explanation of the image in Daniel

by What Now? 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• What Now?
    What Now?

Hey everyone!

We just had our convention this weekend and heard the "new light" regarding the feet of the image in Daniel. Even the speaker made the comment that he had given that talk a number of times and didn't quite get it himself.

Anyways ... I was just wondering, do any of you know of any other explanations for what the image represents? Is it only the Witnesses that believe the feet represent the Anglo-American world power?

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

As far as I know the JW's are the only ones.

• Alfred
    Alfred

Didn't they use to say that the feet were the anglo-american super-power back in the 70's and then changed it to all world governments? I'm confused....

• therevealer
    therevealer

It helps the confusion because they are confused. Because they are confused but feel the need to put something out there, this is what happens. I think the new armstrong group or some other says that also.

• ThomasCovenant
  • St George of England
    St George of England

I thought all this started with William Miller of Millerites fame. Russell copied all his diagrams.

George

• Glander
    Glander

Alfred,

Actually the revealed spiritual food in due season explaning the Daniel image came in the early 60's ("Your Will Be Done on Earth") and it tapped into the sex appeal of the Cold War between the US and Soviet Union. This was very hot stuff at the time. Now, it is considered apostasy to even bring up that "old light".

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Check out Cult Free Radio show #005.

• TD
    TD
    do any of you know of any other explanations for what the image represents?

LDS explanation:

The feet of iron and clay represented a group of European nations, which were the great political powers at the time the true Church (Latter Day Saint movment) was restored (founded)

SDA explanation:

The kingdom of Rome weakened and was attacked by barbarian nations that finally resulted in the defeat of Rome. Each nation took a “piece” of what was left of the Roman Empire. Just like the toes of the statue, these nations were ten in number.

• wantingtruth
    wantingtruth

Anyways ... I was just wondering, do any of you know of any other explanations for what the image represents? Is it only the Witnesses that believe the feet represent the Anglo-American world power?

I am sorry I am late, see my post in the following thread

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/213107/1/I-have-question-about-the-new-light-on-the-statues-toes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit