Angels and Women reccomended by Sam Herd. (VIDEO)

by Wasanelder Once 5 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Just put up a new video using the soundbite of Sam Herd expounding on the quality of the book Angels and Women. I think it turned out fairly well. See what you think. Feedback appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0Z6eOpvScY&feature=channel_video_title

(Anyone who wishes to embed this video here for me will be appreciated, thanks)

Wasanelderonce

• discreetslave
  • Robdar
    Robdar

I've never heard of the book until now. Think I'll call my daddy and ask him if he has ever heard of it. Thanks for the info. Nice video, btw.

• munchausen
    munchausen

My personal memory of this book dates to when my mom, who studied in the early 60's, was given the book Angels and Women as good reading for studies. She read it and talked about for years afterwards. I have read it, as well as Atla. I see them as fanciful fiction, not too different from other early science fiction-type literature from the late 1800's to early 1900's. The commonly seen quotations about 'channelling' from the spirit are not in the original, but are in the forward. Herd says in the recording that Russell may have written the forward; I really doubt that, as Angels and Women was published in the mid 20's. If I were to make an educated guess as to who wrote the forward I would say it was Clayton Woodworth. His opinions and beliefs were really bizarre.

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

Thanks for posting the video Wasanelderonce. I wasn't sure of the current standing of the governing body on Angels and Women. Looks like they still like it. I'm going to proudly display my AW and Smith collection on my book shelf, next to the other JW books I have.

The ugly face at the end of the video is stupid by the way.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Do you have the actual mp3, complete, where he talks about it?

Thanks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit