Would you call this a sign?

by Lunatic Faith 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Lunatic Faith
    Lunatic Faith

Since I decided to leave off being a JW I have been pursuing an interest in New Age/celtic religion. I don't want anything to do with Christianity any more, but don't have enough knowledge yet to completely abandon all belief in God. I am also averse to accepting this life is all there is since I spent half of it wasting my time as a JW.

Anyway, I have found a local coven that is looking for new members and is willing to train anyone who is new. I met with them today at Barnes & Noble so they could interview me and show me the books I would need for the Wicca 101 class. We were visiting quite amiably when we noticed a man nearby listening in and looking at us like our eyes were going to start glowing red just before we ripped out his heart. I remember thinking, "I wonder if that's one of JW's. Nah, it's saturday morning. They're all in service."

So me and my new acquaintences parted ways and I decided to step into Starbucks and get a coffee when a car group of JW's showed up. NOt just any JW's, but ones I have known my whole life and used to pioneer with. These are the people I always think of when I worry about disappointing old friends. There they are! Moments after my discussion with the high priest and priestess of the local coven! I smiled at their daughter before I realized who she was, and managed to slip out the door before I was confronted. Unless my brother has been talking these people don't know anything is amiss with me.

My first thought was, "OMG, is this an intervention?" Does Jehovah actually exist and is he giving me one more chance to straighten myself out before I burn the last bridge? What if I'm wrong and the JW's are right? Then I started thinking straight and chocked it all up to coincidence. But what do you think? If you had encountered this same situation, what would your reaction be?

• rebel8
    rebel8

It's a coincidence.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Wicca 101 class

Sheesh you went a whole 360 didn't you !

Yes it was just coincidence, if there was another right wing Christian based faith meeting or watching what was happening there at that

moment they too probably would have said and confronted this group.

• Free!!
    Free!!

I would have smiled big and wide.. say hi!! and if they if they allowed me, i would have introduce them to my new friends... hehhehe

That's what i do when i run into one of my old congo people and i am hanging out w my heavily tattooed/pierced worldy friends.. (only have 2 hehe) :)

• Expanded-Mind
  • jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

In Steve Hassans book, combatting cult mind control, he speaks about what he considered a sign, and that to join the Moonies.

I think, as humans, we LOOK for signs: example, who hasn't thought at one time in their lives, if a certain thing happens then that means I should.....etc.

So, in answer to your question, no I dont think it was a sign, just a coincidence.

• AwareBeing
    AwareBeing

The Bible mentions signs, but only someone trusting in God understands the sign that God gave him.

This happened several times to some in our family. The most notable:

1) A prayer was said to find "the true church of God"-KJV The Bible was opened, a finger placed on a verse,

and eyes opened. That verse was Ps. 83:18, "YHWH", "most High." For years, our family were JW's.

But we got it wrong, the sign wasn't Isa. 43: 10-12, you are my witnesses", "says Jehovah"-NWT

The sign wasn't about religion that called God by a German translated name,

but in was about true worship that puts YHWH above any would-be leaders of the flock.

2) The second next big thing was the last of our immediate family was going to drop off JW stuff

one last time at an elders house. Along the way, with a prayerful mind set, they wondered

if they were doing the right thing? Just before the exit , the overcast day revealed an opening in the sky.

It was exactly were the sun was, with one small cloud passed in front of it. The cloud was in the shape of a star,

and the elders talk about being "stars in Christ's right hand." So if they believed the elders, then they should

meet him with the stuff. But if the sign is interpreted as the elders are "standing in a holy place,"

competing with God and Christ for worship; then flee from them! The elder they planed on seeing was the most

moderate at that hall, but the most convincing. Had our family members gone there, he my have talked them into

staying! Make no mistake, when Gods does sends us a little nudge, it's no coincidence. So discern if He wants you

to go that way, or just to look out for a danger in that direction. God does miracles, we don't need a witch book of magic.

• designs
    designs

I wait for Sky Writing to appear, its the only proven sign from God, last Saturday he wrote: SunTan Block #30 On Sale at WalMart!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

you sound a bit afraid to get caught still? They are a cult and have no control over you unless you give it to them!

FS

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Hordes of jws crowd coffee shops everyday. The only sign you saw was that the "faithful" were tired of going door to door.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit