Watchtower "Witch hunt" ... Practice for frantic elders

by AwareBeing 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AwareBeing
    AwareBeing

Not being adaptable to change, an old program form Christendom's dark ages was employed by the WT.

Starting just before 2007, a lot of "witch hunts" began in the Cong's for "disgruntled ones" and those

who rarely talked to the elders. They were closely watched, followed, and their friends were quizzed by the BOE.

With peeking around the coroners, spying, and debriefings; things came to a crescendo by 2009's end.

In full panic stage, elders and the visiting CO's began acting unnatural around the flock by becoming

suspicious of a lot of people for no good reason. Being paranoid of every laugh, whisper, and smile.

This new practice was too unbearable for the rest of our family by this point, so they quit going too.

Now in hindsight, I believe they were looking for witnesses who contribute to a better understanding of them.

Thanks to their uncontrolled behavior, I am now one of those whom they fear; aware and talkative.

• talesin
    talesin

Thanks to their uncontrolled behavior, I am now one of those whom they fear; aware and talkative.

Chilling. That sounds like a line from a sci-fi novel, like 1984 or esp. The Handmaid's Tale ...

t

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Not being adaptable to change, an old program form Christendom's dark ages was employed by the WT. Starting just before 2007, a lot of "witch hunts" began in the Cong's for "disgruntled ones" and those who rarely talked to the elders. They were closely watched, followed, and their friends were quizzed by the BOE. With peeking around the coroners, spying, and debriefings; things came to a crescendo by 2009's end.

Are you suggesting that there was some kind of directive that came down from the bOrg to scrutinize "disgruntled ones" OR are you just referring to something that happened locally??

• AwareBeing
    AwareBeing

Our different family members were in four Cong's at the time,

and it was very noticeable in three of then.

Also; when CO's visit, they bring updates of the Society's

directives for Congregational management.

One longstanding features of this program is the "circuit needs",

a current problem elders are facing.

Usually, this is discussed in detail with the elders during lunch at the assy. hall.

However; during the CO's visit at 'your' hall,

the elders complain about their fears of a loss of control,

and whom they've heard rumors about.

The CO relieves them by spelling out a plan of action.

The DO or Branch may by confided in if the CO is new,

or "the rumor(s) seem plausible."

Another aspect of these directives are the good ol' "soap box" standard.

So over the next 6 to 18 months,

'your' going to hear from the platform about this topic until the

"dead horse" is dust, and all venting is done.

The irony of the '07 -'09s, is that the topic was about the elders

being accused of being "police!"

Our family heard this at three halls; in two public talks from visiting speakers,

and in at least two other meeting parts!

The crazed look in some of their eyes as we walked in late a few times was scary.

We joked about them as being the front door "watchdogs",

or the Kingdom "Hall Nazis". The laughter helped us get through it.

• Ding
    Ding

Ever since the Bethel witch hunt in the Ray Franz days, the WTS has been seeing apostates everywhere.

Who knows what the brothers are into???

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Ever since the Bethel witch hunt in the Ray Franz days, the WTS has been seeing apostates everywhere.

Maybe it's not their imagination afterall. They're everywhere! They're everywhere!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I think that you must be attending a different Organisation to me. Things are pretty laid back around here

• AwareBeing
    AwareBeing

Yeah, I'll say! We live in a politically divided area.

Theres anti-racial country buffs and the fanatically charged sports attitude.

Finally, a strong presence of the highly competitive spirit that destroys all things different.

Often CO's and elders make this statement when problems arise in the area:

"Congregations are like people, they all have different personalities.",

and "Each congregation is a reflection of the community that it's in/from."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit