The Jehovahs witnesses suck the marrow out of enjoyment of life

by Star tiger 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Star tiger
    Star tiger

Greetings,

I believe that the JW's destroy any enjoyment that you could have out of this life!

Being a youngster that was almost born in, any single part of our life that wasn't part of the GB grand plan for world domination is evil, I still find it problematic to really enjoy wholesome worldly activities, thankfully my wife and kids don't have this! I believe that I will probably relax into the fact that it is not that the world is bad but the JW's.

I long for the day that this truly destructive religion will end, hopefully the rank and file will become disillusioned and leave when the 100 years are up in 2014 and the tower falls!

Best Regards,

Star Tiger

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

I agree with you Star tiger. In my thinking this is one reason I feel this is a cult. How could they be the true relgion by how they treat the young ones with all their rules and making children do adult things. This has caused a generation upon a generation of emotional sick people. I still question myself once in a while, but then I think what they have done to me and I get over it real quick. One day you will wake up and find most of this will be behind you and you will not feel so guilty about things. Just take it one day at a time. Keep venting on this site. Its good for the soul. Take care. Totally ADD

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

I agree with you Star tiger. In my thinking this is one reason I feel this is a cult. How could they be the true relgion by how they treat the young ones with all their rules and making children do adult things. This has caused a generation upon a generation of emotional sick people. I still question myself once in a while, but then I think what they have done to me and I get over it real quick. One day you will wake up and find most of this will be behind you and you will not feel so guilty about things. Just take it one day at a time. Keep venting on this site. Its good for the soul. Take care. Totally ADD

• cult classic
    cult classic

My immediate family is hip to the JW game of life. Sometimes when we're having a good time, I will say "But friends, remember, this is a solemn occasion." We just bust up laughing... ROFL.

I still find it problematic to really enjoy wholesome worldly activities

Me too. In social settings I sometimes feel myself tensing up and waiting for the other shoe to drop. I have to remind myself to just go with the flow and keep having fun.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Sorry about the double post this hughes net is acting funny tonight. Totally ADD

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Once upon a time, there was a measure of fun in the cancer. Then, little by little, the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger took it away. Starting with the rollerskating parties, they saw the occasion to ban things. Invariably it would be an isolated incident where someone did fornication after such an event, and they would blow it out of proportion. Before long, they took away the picnics and gatherings not for theocraptic items.

While they are removing fun from among themselves, they crack down on external fun. No more can you go to a worldly party, such as a school dance (usually adequately chaperoned). You are not supposed to go where worldly people gather for fun--this goes for music performances, live arts, and to a lesser extent to movies and theme parks. And if you do go to amusement parks, you are supposed to hand out wastes of paper to others that are there instead of enjoying the rides and/or attractions. This is getting stricter every time the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger opens its mouth about it.

All that's left is drudgery. You go out in field circus, and there are so many rules that it is all robotic. You are to say what the Kingdumb Misery paragraph tells you to, nothing else. Every foot placement is dictated by rules. Uncomfortable clothing is the rule, and they expect you to do this all the time. Children playing with pebbles, puddles, or twigs usually end up getting spankings (and beatings) along with threats of other punishments. Yet they are expected to spend all day out in field circus. The boasting sessions are boring--even the a$$emblies where you travel to a foreign country are blah. (I never saw a Canada trip that was such a waste as the one I had to make when we had a Grand Boasting Session there--no one ever thought of exploring the city or its attractions.)

For about the cost of a 3 day trip to Canada for a Grand Boasting Session, one could move from the United States or Canada to somewhere like Australia or New Zealand (probably one of the longest distance moves possible). You probably would get more benefit from doing so--and more fun in the process than a lousy 3 day Grand Boasting Session. At least you wouldn't be confined to the motel room, a place where you can get food, and the a$$embly venue. (And, once you get there, you can enjoy it to the full.)

• nugget
    nugget

I agree the society wants it's members to do nothing that is not JW related. It also ensures that there is constant pressure to do more so any time you spend on yourself is seen as selfish and you are wracked with guilt because you could have spent that time on personal study.

The introduction of family worship night has turned what could be enjoyable child led worship into a drudgery it is not enough to teach the children but the whole evening should be spent in reading watchtower publications. Rather than lifting a burden they have added a greater one and another opportunity for guilt.

When I was little there were picnics and get togethers, large weddings and young ones would meet up to play sports. Over the years weddings have become heavily regulated affairs with strict rules about who can attend and be involved. The best man and groom are told they are responsible for the conduct of the guests meaning they are unable to relax. Everything is supposed to be modest and small and the talk is an advertorial. Nothing too showy or elaborate. Large parties are frowned upon and have become fewer and fewer and these too have to follow certain rules. Young ones are not encouraged to associate without the presence of mature Brothers to keep an eye on things. No one is allowed to just be in the moment.

What you watch, where you go, what you do, how late you stay up are all proscripted and even though you can be free to make a choice the guilt and meeting and service schedule means that there are consequences.

Having left the feeling of relief is tangible there is a loss of guilt and fear and a feeling of real choice. I haven't become a mad pleasure seeker but I have become less stressed.

• wobble
    wobble

Yup, miserable bunch of buggers.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Know what you mean Star tiger, You've had the joy of life sucked out of you & can't bear being a JW any longer but neither are you 'worldly'......you're kind of in between.........

• sizemik
    sizemik

Re: The Jehovahs witnesses suck the marrow out of enjoyment of life

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit