Important News About the Witnesses Now for Jesus Convention

by NeonMadman 1 Replies latest jw friends

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Important News About the Witnesses Now for Jesus Convention

June 28,2011 This will be the 33rd year of the Witnesses Now for Jesus convention held every October in PA - and Joan Cetnar says she will probably not be hosting one after this year - so we would like to see EVERYONE there who has ever attended and have a big reunion! Call the retreat center for reservations - Blue Mountain Christian Retreat in New Ringgold, PA (570-386-2154). Joan already has her program together and it's sure to be great as always! The old meeting building has burned down but things are going well in another building they're using!!!! May the Lord bless this convention in a Mighty Way as He always does.
    It has been reported to me that Joan is willing to see the convention continue if someone is willing to step up to the plate and take it over. She said one of the reasons for stopping is that, with the Internet, the attendance numbers have been down since people are able to find information on line (and confidentially). She hopes to go on facebook and take part in forums, do ministry etc., online.

My feeling is that, as great a source of information as the Internet is, it doesn't provide the intimacy and fellowship of the sort of personal interaction that is experienced at gatherings such as WNFJ. We certainly hope someone will be in a position to take over and maintain the tradition.
  • reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I hate to see it go away! I enjoyed that convention more than I ever thought possible. It was so healing for me. I met people that will always be dear to me. I wish I could go. I am going to try to convince my mom to go.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit