Going out with a bang..

by pubtruth 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• pubtruth
    pubtruth

Right now, I’m “supposed” to be at hall. I’m obviously not since I’m writing down this post. I just cannot handle it anymore and I broke my significant ties with the organization. Allow me to explain how the pressure amounted in such a way I blew up, publicly denounced the WT over facebook, and lost a few “friends”..

Refer to my older post so you may have some background knowledge:
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/experiences/210889/1/Saving-myself-from-getting-dunked-how-did-I-get-here
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/211135/1/JWs-just-love-gore-and-death-They-cant-wait-for-Armaggeddon

I was having a scientific discussion with a good Jehovah’s Witness friend, with such knowledge he had I thought he was just conscious but bluffing his way along because his father is an elder. Boy was I wrong, he speaks in a convincing manner, but spelling was never his forte. As we went deeper into a long drawn out conversation over facebook, the JW cockiness was overwhelming... A few snippets:

** DO NOTE HOW HE BLURTS OUT HIS IMMORTALITY, the conversation was nothing about that, comments in parentheses**

Him: ttyl, I will forever believe that my logic/problem sloving skills are unsupassed, and.. idk preach, i guess or work

Me: unsurpassed? alright XD just saying, if you wanted to come over and play some video games

H: I find that highly unlikely, and obviously there are people who surpass me, but i like to believe im in the top 15% percent (I don’t doubt his motives to not go might’ve been rumors that I’m gay which are true, and that I find the WT lacking, also COCKY)

M: what do u find highly unlikely? (I didn’t catch on right away)

H: I'm imortal Kay ß (IRRELEVANT)
    going to your house lol

[…]

M: how are you immortal?

H: have you read the bible? Kinda explains it there.

M: God’s the ultimate judge of that. We will see then.

H: yep […] we're puplishing monsters 48 milion copys, AARP 23 million (that simple fact makes it the truth™)

M: yeah I know, #1 circulated (recycled) magazine.

[ The convo continued, I inquired about why he mentioned immortality, as it didn’t fit in the conversation, he let me know it was an Internet meme reference (I googled, sure enough, but slightly obscure, might’ve lied).. He Talked to me about girls, I didn’t think any of it, was probably probing, I played along. Anyway the relevant conversation to this thread continues ]

M: science is my forte in that i understand whats being explained to me quite easily, not that i retain all what i learn about it. But I have a general concept of how everything works. with all u know im surprised you're not an atheist

H: why science is nothing more than the explaination of gods creation, the more I learn the more I believe

M: Yeah the creation is amazing, everything links back in one way or another. I was just asking, since most scientists I know [about] are atheists

H: I have a theory that explains how god can exist infinetly , but itself too long to type. its based on the laws of consrvation of matter and energy

[…]

H: oh, law of consevation of energy. and relativity allow for a form of infinet existence get it, or do i go in to detail?

H: okay, since engergy can not be created or destroyd, then it stands to reason that all the engergy there is has always exsited. following? ok according to relativity, matter can become energy and energy become matter as we know the bible describe god as having an "activity force" aka energy. (run on but try to make it out)

M: Yes.

H: any flaus? ?? *flaws

M: I dont see any. these are logical conclusions (to him to validate God)… have you read the whole bible?

H: no, but we can obviously conclude that the source of energy that was used to create the univser had existed infinetly. Why do you ask? ???

M: I agree with that, a source of energy exists infinitely created the multiverse and boom here we are. I'm just wondering, if you had. It's obviously an interesting read. You get to read more context of it than what is usually cited

H: what do you think about the big hang?

*bang

M: We will most likely never know what EXACTLY happened. But it makes sense, and there's proof that certain species did evolve, theres also evidence that the world is older than 6000 years. Science is probably wrong in dating. It’s a big what if. (He agreed the earth is more than 4 billion years old, If he really does, I don’t know how he can agree with bible/WT chronology)

[…]

THE BIRTH OF THE UNIVERSE

We talked how a propellant for the big bang was necessary ( no effect without a cause ) There was proof of it with the WMAP showing signs of expansion. The origin would be hard to explain, we were not there, and we won’t be able to be there to see it.

“H: if nothing other existed and no new variable/propelent was added, then it could not have happened. the origin of they univers was an effect. what was the cause? a decision made by god ”

Everything has some sort of energy, atoms are constantly moving, vibrating in place, some elements decay, contained long enough, it could cause a "mini big bang". Making it plausible.

“obviously not, the big bang theory was rule out a while back and will most likely be replaced with M theory, and in the source of the big bang had existed infinetly before the bang, their are no variables that could have made it give, so the big bang would have been an effect with out a cause, which is why is will be replaced with the new theories”

To my understanding M theory is not even complete, theres not much to go on and doesn’t explain much at all.

[The conversation spilled on to hall, he was messaging me from hall, he runs audio, so no one sees him with the phone, I had obviously missed. We kept talking about how the universe expands]

He told me infinity could not expand.. (yes it can, it has infinite space! Objects can distance themselves as far as they want)

“haha its okay an infinet amount of space is hard to understand for most people, I'm not surprised”

M: Don't undermine me. K?

H: you must not undermind yourself first.

M: What do you mean I'm underminding myself? You should be paying attention in hall..

It's "undermining". I'm not undermining myself. I'm being LOGICAL about things. That is, using facts to formulate opinions that make sense.

[…]

M: you are too! (using theories) but ive added facts, i already told you the expansion is measurable, and theres evidence of the possibility. You pulled out M-theory, an incomplete science, and you aren't thinking objectively. You didn't prove anything to me.

THE GOOD PART

H: acctualy I got the infomation I wanted, I wasn trying to prove something I had though, I put you to the test and you failed, I know what I wanted to know now.

M: You think I care that i "failed" your test? What exactly did you want to know?

H: you dont believe in good, why did you even want to get batized....

M: *God. I was being pressured. I backed out when the elders counseled me, it was my chance and I had an excuse. (Blatantly honest, I didn’t care at all now)

M: You're probably going to shun me now. I tried hard to believe, but the evidence against God, and all mythology, religions, etc is too much.

H: have fun looking forward to death, because now thats all you have to believe in

M: a loving god that will lovingly destroy more than half the world over because we didn't get in a certain group. 7 million (at recent count) will get saved on to live forever, get tested like guinea pigs, fried for good if they fail. I don’t know how you can believe that innocent babies, senile old people will get killed. JWs have been saying that is around the corner since 1914. Google, the thing you love so much can be JW's worst enemy. They hate the internet because you can dig up so many things about it on there. The bible is just a work of literature, you could take any similar book and believe in it as you do the bible (eg. the Quran) I don't discredit the bible, it has good values. But people have the wrong notion guiding their entire lives around it. Not just JWs, but all religions if you search them on google you can find disturbing facts about.

H: there will be a reserction of both just & injust, so everyone That didnt get a chance to learn about god will come back this includes the babies ect.

M: Not at Armageddon will they survive, like the WT says.

[We spoke about the Flood how the plants would rot and would die, the land would be barren, he countered that the seeds remain (they would be submerged in salt water, hindering germination, and rotting) Also we discussed evolution, he admits it happened but tried to clean up afterwards by saying the animals “adapted” not evolved]

H: no, the bible say they were created by "genero" not "espece" the original animals in eden had a prefect dna code, with in it many species (Perfect? They were “created” to die off, that’s not perfect to your standards)

M: if they bred, and created species, they evolved dude lol

H: adaptation over time is not evoltion, obviously surving qualitys are passed down. but its still the same animal even darwin believed in god so did einstine (whos that? HAHA) and I'm sure he was smarter than you. Ttyl

Subsequently he blocked me. I let him know through a text message that good friends reason with each other. I agree theres a force out there that keeps us in check (but it certainly isn’t “Jehovah”).. He didn’t ever reply. Part II will be less lengthy, I promise. But I’ve mentally and physically have left.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

I'm sorry for your frustration with your friend pubtruth. Go out and make some "Worldly" friends. They will last longer than JW friends and the conversations will make a lot more sense.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

ABibleStudent

• pubtruth
    pubtruth

Thankfully I have quite the circle of friends not brainwashed. Ive noticed for a long time now they are worth a lot more than what Ive found in the cult. I was notified by my mother that she had let them know I dont want to attend meetings anymore. Elders want to speak with me. I don't want to talk to them, I know what they will say. It's all crap

• sizemik
    sizemik

Sounds like he's sitting on the fence between science and biblical mythology . . . a pretty uncomfortable place. You were subtly calling him out on it . . . and his discomfort got worse. Hard to believe than anyone can sustain that indefinitely. He'll have to admit it to himself long before he concedes it to you though . . . so he'll run you ragged in the mean time.

• mummatron
    mummatron

Let me get this straight...

He was on his phone, on the Internet, on Facebook, at the KH, during a meeting!?!?!

• pubtruth
    pubtruth

Yes, he was facebooking on his phone during the meeting.. Not as faithful as he would seem

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Sorry, I couldn't even stand to read all the OP. I could actually feel myself becoming dumber as I read each of his statements.

If he believes in the legend of Noah's flood, he's a radical evolutionist.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I couldn't read it all either..Just too Stupid..

There are a lot of JW`s that feel they have a superior intellect..

They have no problem telling you about it either..

If it didn't take so much time away from Field Service and Meetings..

I could be a Brainologist!..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Outlaw that is so cute and sadly so true.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Oh now, now. Let's be nice. He's exceptionally mature for a 6-yr-old.

Stupid people often adopt arrogance as a way to cloak their insecurities.

I mean, come on, immortality? That is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard a dub say. And that's saying a lot!

What's this guy's name anyway? Duncan MacLeod?

I am not surprised he was doing this in the kh. Can't people count their time nowadays when they're "helping" a "weak one"?

Going out with a bang..

Going out with a Big Bang

/fixed that for you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit