The broader the statement.........................

by ozziepost 3 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

............. the narrower the mind.

Does it ever surprise you to recall statements in the publications and wonder how you ever swallowed them as a loyal Dub?

Take this broad, lying statement in the Revelation Climax book. Remember we studied this three times at the congregation book studies?

It may be that the clergy gave this acknowledgment only mentally, or to themselves. Certainly, none of them went on record as publicly acknowledging the God of the two witnesses. - page 170 paragraph 28
    Really?

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• D8TA
    D8TA

I dont have any references...BUT I KNOW WE ALL HAVE HEARD THIS at them "meetin's". Going with the broad statements, is the broad omissions.

How many "meetings", DA's, or CA's was there some broad statement or announcements about 40,000 JW's surviving this HUGE DISASTER (tornadoe, earthquake, stampede of millions of pokemon children in malls etc.) and they annouce it with glee. That hidden message of "Only Witnesses Survived" mingled within. Then you research the disaster and find 150,000 Prebyterians, 90,000 Catholics, 75,000 Baptists (see my point) survived the same disaster. And of course no deaths accounted for these denominations as well.

Ah well, at least comedy is still alive in the WTBTS....Ironic Comedy that is. :)~

D8TA

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

LOL @ D8TA

At a circuit assembly in Sydney last year, a branch committee member stated in a talk that "only Jehovah's Witnesses could survive" when relating an experience.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• Prisca
    Prisca

Ozzie,

Why are you reading that nonsense from the Revelation book for? Filling your head with that stuff?

Go out and enjoy the sunshine!

Prisca, of the Hoping-It-Will-Be-This-Sunny-Next-Sunday Class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit