Just a question

by Iconoclast 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• Iconoclast
    Iconoclast

I've posed this to my parents lately. My brother is getting married to a non-Jaydub and they keep telling him he's living in sin with her and that he needs to confess to the elders that he's been having sex with her since he has been dating her for 4 years. In their logic, you can't date someone for so long without doing the nasty. Now, they have no proof of their allegations (although being true) and think he should fess up to his supposed wrong doings.

We have a sister that moved in with her boyfriend but, because she wasn't baptised, they have accepted her way of life. They don't like it but they accept it.

So when my dad called me to again complain about my brother's choice of wife, I asked him what the difference was between my sister and my brother. His answer was that my brother was baptised.

I asked him, "So is it different in God's eyes that my sister is baptised and my brother is not? If the Big A came tomorrow, will he show more mercy on my sister than my brother?"

He had no answer. None of them do. I've been bombarded with questions about his lifestyle with his fiance and I ask that question all the time, even to elders. They all give me the silence stop.

If this is the case, how can they validate the use of disfellowshipping? They can talk to someone who was raised as a witness and "living in sin" that wasn't baptised and, in their eyes, will die in the Big A, the same outcome as someone who has been baptised doing the same damn thing. But they refuse to talk to one that's taken the dip?

• jay88
    jay88

The two witness rule should be in affect, with fornication as well correct?,......

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

That was a good question to ask. It shows the illogical stance. Both were raised with the same information and if both are in line for Gods eternal justice (aka murder) at armageddon, then your father has no right thinking of one as different than the other. Tell your father to got off the case and count himself lucky he can still speak to his son on a technicality.

• Iconoclast
    Iconoclast

Not even the elders can counter that with me. I can't get an answer at all on it.

• Dune
    Dune

It depends, was your brother fornicating with particular greedyness or was he fornicating and crying himself to sleep every night? Jehovah hates a greedy sinner.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit