Recommended bible reference works

by Wonderment 1 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Wonderment
    Wonderment

I would like to suggest a few books to those sincerely open to one recommendation:

English Interlinears: I find the Kingdom Interlinear and the Word Study Greek-English New Testament by Paul R. McReynolds the most useful of all. After that, the Concordant Greek Text and the Diaglott. Maybe Marshall's Interlinear too. Most other interlinears are barely useful.Those with Spanish knowledge, check the recently published El Nuevo Testamento Interlineal Griego-Español by César Vidal. I think this is a superior effort than that of Francisco Lacueva's Interlinear that's been around for some time.

For the Hebrew Spanish: Antiguo Testamento Interlineal Hebreo-Español. This work is not the best effort, but there is no other published that I know of for the complete OT in Hebrew-Spanish. On the English-Hebrew side, The Complete Library, and the NIV Interlinear Hebrew-English Old Testament. And for those using the Septuagint and NT, The Apostolic Bible Polyglot which contains the whole bible in interlinear form.

Greek Grammars: Manual Grammar of the Greek NT by Dana and Mantey, and NT Greek by James Allen Hewett.

Hebrew Grammar: Biblical Hebrew, An Introductory Grammar by Page Kelley.

Enjoy!

• still thinking

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit