Film footage of Joseph Rutherford

by homejah 4 Replies latest jw friends

• homejah
    homejah

When I first saw the DVD released by the Society about Jehovah's Witnesses there was a home movie footage of Joseph Rutherford who wore a red bow tie. I thought it was the only filmed record of the Judge until I saw the website of archive.com where Rutherford was speaking to reporters on a ship in Australia in 1938. I also remember a letter from a cameraman from Warner-Pathe news from a article in Consolation magazine published after the St.Louis covention in 1941. Has anyone found that issue? Hope for replies.

• Joliette
    Joliette

I havent gotten a chance to watch the DVD cause our convention hasnt came up yet. Can't wait to watch so I can get a good hearty laugh. I wonder if they will talk about Beth Sarim.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I also remember a letter from a cameraman from Warner-Pathe news from a article in Consolation magazine published after the St.Louis covention in 1941. Has anyone found that issue?

Yes, here you are!

November 26, 1941 Consolation, p. 24. It's a reproduced typewritten letter. You'll have to zoom in.

http://ia700308.us.archive.org/10/items/WatchTowerBibleandTractSocietyofPennsylvaniaWatchTowerpubs_0/wtclassic/other-periodicals/consolation/1941-November-2.pdf

• homejah
    homejah

Thank you AnnOMaly for the Consolation info. Just saw the new DVD Faith In Action Part II and saw another rare footage of Rutherford on his way to the Washington D.C. Convention as well as the home movie footage of him at the St.Louis Convention. That footage was no doubt the only color footage of Rutherford. I hope to get a response from the Society on why they did not use the Pathe News footage of the St.Louis convention. Yes,I will not hold my breath.

• homejah
    homejah

Joliette,Beth Sarim was never mentioned. The actor who played the Judge was in my opinion did not sound as forceful like the real one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit