They're so much better than us!!!

by prophecor 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• prophecor
    prophecor

I see the ones from the church and how they conduct themselves, they're holy, righteous, pure. The preachers, they present themselves in such a light. Even if their ideology may be incorrect, their goodness seems to just over flow. As witnesses, we knew we were right. Our doctrines and beliefs were flawless. We could look down the nose of those who went to church and judge them as hypocrites, liars, false prophets and teachers of lies.

When I went to church, however, I could see were the congregation knew they were flawed. They knew they had issues in life that demanded being faced. They were humble. They didn't have it so all together. They recognised thier brokeness before an Almighty God. They acknowledged their sinfulness in a very darkened world. They would cry out in the middle of the congregation. A wave of the spirit of God seemed so present there. They did not try and make like they were so clean and odor free regarding their walk in the world.

I've found them to be more in contact with God and His Christ than many a JW I've met as to yet.

• wobble
    wobble

I understand what you mean. My wife and I attended a wedding of two friends who are Christians, they belonged to a vibrant local church, we went to their Christmas service too.

We saw families there, old and young people, all sorts, just humbly worshipping together, no judgement, no report to fill in, just pure love in action.

These good people have what the sincere JW desires, but will never find in the WT/JW spiritual desert.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Agreed, Prophecor.

What He takes pleasure in is a broken and contrite spirit.

Like here:

The Story of the Tax Man and the Pharisee

Luke 18:9-12 He told his next story to some who were complacently pleased with themselves over their moral performance and looked down their noses at the common people: "Two men went up to the Temple to pray, one a Pharisee, the other a tax man. The Pharisee posed and prayed like this: 'Oh, God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, crooks, adulterers, or, heaven forbid, like this tax man. I fast twice a week and tithe on all my income.'

13 "Meanwhile the tax man, slumped in the shadows, his face in his hands, not daring to look up, said, 'God, give mercy. Forgive me, a sinner.'"

14 Jesus commented, "This tax man, not the other, went home made right with God. If you walk around with your nose in the air, you're going to end up flat on your face, but if you're content to be simply yourself, you will become more than yourself." The Message Bible

Amen.

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit