Bethel Apostates are the True Faithful and Discreet Slave

by doubtful 7 Replies latest jw friends

• doubtful
    doubtful

There is absolutely nothing "discreet" about the old "Governor's Body". They parade themselves around like celebrities, show up to give talks in foreign countries where they don't even speak the language, and plaster their pictures all over their magazines. They also make more references to themselves than any sane group people in their right mind ever should. So, they certainly aren't discrete. And when you consider all of their "consolidating" of the branches, and all the people (some of whom are old and lack secular work experience) who are now being thrown out onto the street, they certainly aren't faithful.

But let's focus on discrete. When I hear the word discrete, I think of someone who shows discretion, caution, and humility. They show none of these things! They're glory hogs, constantly tooting their own horn! They brag about themselves, and presumptously claim to be God's only channel of communication with the human race. They make grandiose predictions about the future which repeatedly fail. Where is the caution? Where is the discretion? What about them is discreet? The individual members of the GB even have to make sure their names are printed and that they're talked about in Watchtower publications! Why all the attention to these men who are supposed to be nothing more than humble servants?

Concerning the quality of discretion, they ought to take a page out of the playbook of the "undercover" apostates at Bethel. Now those guys are discreet! Quiet as church mice, they go about their business anonymously and inconspicuously, providing us with the "food at the proper time"...

Perhaps they are the true faithful and discreet slave?

• factfinder
    factfinder

I agree doubtful! This new gb 2.0 want the glory and attention. It used to be you'd never see a picture of a gb member or read his name in the books or magazines. But ever since this new gb took over they are everywhere. In the videos they make sure to include captions with their names. I remember the Bethel video we recieved in 1990- The Organization Behind The Name. I wondered who the brother was narrating it-I liked his Scottish accent! But it did not say. Since then I found out it was Brother Barr. But these new gb members want all the attention. It is shameful how bold they have become. The gb speaks for God and each of them wants to make sure you know that he is on the gb! No humility.

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

Factfinder: "It used to be you'd never see a picture of a gb member or read his name in the books or magazines."

Does anyone know when we'll be getting new releases with their author names? How much will they be charging for autographed versions?

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Bethel Apostates are the True Faithful and Discreet Slave

You're joking, right? Jesus didn't even SAY who that slave was. He put it as a question without giving an answer, and you are now saying that the apostate guys who sweep the floors and run the presses in Brooklyn are the "true" FDS when Jesus didn't even define who it or they were?

That is silly. Jesus spoke in confusing riddles and parables. All con-artists do this.

You got conned and Jesus got hanged. But then he got a billion people to believe his con. But even though he is dead, he's got the followers to this day, and you are a schmuck trying to figure out who is the true "faithful and discrete slave."

Jesus won! You lose!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Farkel

• kimbo
    kimbo

Narcissistic personality disorder

Narcissistic personality disorder is a condition in which people have an inflated sense of self-importance and an extreme preoccupation with themselves.

Symptoms

A person with narcissistic personality disorder may:

• React to criticism with rage, shame, or humiliation

• Take advantage of other people to achieve his or her own goals

• Have excessive feelings of self-importance

• Exaggerate achievements and talents

• Be preoccupied with fantasies of success, power, beauty, intelligence, or ideal love

• Have unreasonable expectations of favorable treatment

• Need constant attention and admiration

• Disregard the feelings of others, and have little ability to feel empathy

• Have obsessive self-interest

• Pursue mainly selfish goals

• LV101
    LV101

kimbo -- do you have info or know the underlying cause for narcissism or the narcissistic personality disorder. I can't remember having studied this in the mid 60's - gads, and psych books are in storage. I remember learning narcissists cannot change and I definitely believe the world of psychology got that one right!

• doubtful
    doubtful

Farkel,

Calm down man. I was being facetious.

• doubtful
    doubtful

Factfinder,

I think you may be right. I'm young, but even ten years ago or so I don't ever recall them inserting pictures of themselves in every freakin edition of the WT, or giving names. Perhaps we just notice it more now? Any others who were in before me have anything to say on the matter?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit