by StopTheTears 68 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

@ Prodigal Son

starseed, huh? I'm just reading up on that .... coooollllll

t

• noni1974
    noni1974

I'm an Atheist. I keep my mind open to all things because there is no proof one way or another. Until I see with my own eyes, one way or the other I will continue to believe that humans don't know all there is to the universe and there may be things out there that would shock us.

• freetosee
  • rebel8
    rebel8

So whether an Atheist believes in alien life or not is irrelevant to the fact that no one can say with any certainty that God does not exist. This logical reasoning proves that there is no such thing as a TRUE Atheist, only those who choose to reside in their ignorance of something they do not know for certain. Any honest person must admit that there could be a God.

Actually this is a well-known fallacy and does not affect whether or not a person is an atheist. There are some good books, articles, and Wikipedia entries about basic logical fallacies. Failing that, it has been discussed ad nauseum on many Internet forums (& so is easy to find), including forums.randi.org.

As dubs we were not taught to identify logical fallacies, but rather how to accept and perpetuate them. Good luck on your journey.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

If you are a professed Atheist, I ask you the question: Do you believe in aliens? Could not God be an alien? Yes, He most certainly is an alien. The dictionary defines the word “alien” as: “coming from or existing outside the earth or its atmosphere.” God is not of this world. The Bible teaches that God created the universe, which means that His presence transcends this universe.

Answer to the first question, No, not within the context of what is documented evidence. "Are there alien life forms out there somewhere? I think yes, probably, but I doubt I will live long enough to find out for sure one way or another. Is "God" an alien? - I'll let you decide the answer to that question, but I think it will not agree with mine.

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

It is contradictory for any Atheist to profess a belief in the existence of alien life while denying the existence of God. If you believe that aliens may exist, then you certainly must concede that one of those aliens may be God.

Annnnd that's where I checked out.

There's a difference between believing that other life forms happen to exist and believing that another life form that exists created the others.

• NoStonecutters
    NoStonecutters

Interesting observation, StopTheTears.

The ancient alien hypothesis is completely consistent with the dogma of atheism. Interestingly, though, high-level occultists, for hundreds of years, have said that atheism would be propped up to a certain point, after which it would be destroyed along with Christianity. And what is to replace the two opposing views? Luciferianism, of course. Remember that Lucifer is an angel, a fallen one. Ancient "aliens" are also fallen angels. The ancient astronaut theory is really Luciferianism. But it is being sold as the true origin of our creation.

Occultist Albert Pike's predictions of three world wars seems to be manifesting as we speak. Keep in mind that these predictions were made in 1871.

"The First World War must be brought about in order to permit the Illuminati to overthrow the power of the Czars in Russia and of making that country a fortress of atheistic Communism. The divergences caused by the "agentur" (agents) of the Illuminati between the British and Germanic Empires will be used to foment this war. At the end of the war, Communism will be built and used in order to destroy the other governments and in order to weaken the religions."

"The Second World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences between the Fascists and the political Zionists. This war must be brought about so that Nazism is destroyed and that the political Zionism be strong enough to institute a sovereign state of Israel in Palestine. During the Second World War, International Communism must become strong enough in order to balance Christendom, which would be then restrained and held in check until the time when we would need it for the final social cataclysm."

"The Third World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences caused by the "agentur" of the "Illuminati" between the political Zionists and the leaders of Islamic World. The war must be conducted in such a way that Islam (the Moslem Arabic World) and political Zionism (the State of Israel) mutually destroy each other. Meanwhile the other nations, once more divided on this issue will be constrained to fight to the point of complete physical, moral, spiritual and economical exhaustion. We shall unleash the Nihilists and the atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations the effect of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil. Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirits will from that moment be without compass or direction, anxious for an ideal, but without knowing where to render its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer, brought finally out in the public view. This manifestation will result from the general reactionary movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time."

http://www.rense.com/general80/pike.htm

• KateWild
    KateWild

God is alien to me at the moment.

the possibility of life evolving on other planets where the conditions are right, is far more probable than the infinite existence of a highly complex, omniscient creator.-cantleave

Oh really? Mars in my veiw does not have the conditions, I don't think its probable at all. Which planet has good conditons for alien life forms? What are the good conditons? Steven Hawkings tells fairy tales imo

Kate xx

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

If you are a professed Atheist, I ask you the question: Do you believe in aliens?

No, I don't. As for life out there, I don't know. One can assume we are not the only ones. Assume being the key word.

I have a question for you. Do you believe we are alone in the universe? If so, how do you know that? If not, did the same God create them?

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

// It is contradictory for any Atheist to profess a belief in the existence of alien life while denying the existence of God. If you believe that aliens may exist, then you certainly must concede that one of those aliens may be God.//

May I point out that if you believe in invisible god(s), then you certainly must concede the existance of fairies.

I know right? I'm being silly indeed. Well, that is how your conclusion sounds to us atheists.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit