Voting.

by s0rt3d 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• s0rt3d
    s0rt3d

I do feel kinda silly since this is something most people do anyway, you know, it's a regular, ordinary thing to do.... There's the AV referendum and the local elections in England. I went out this morning and voted. It felt SO good to have a say, to make my 'voice' heard! I was grinning like a fool all the way back home afterward. It's the second time in my life that I've done that. It is such a liberating feeling. Damn The Watchtower for robbing me of this for all my adult life until recently!

Bah the WBTS that forbids its followers from enjoying the responsibility of shaping their communities/countries by participating in the electoral process!

And WAKE UP all you lurkers sitting on the fence - life is passing you by. Don't let the Organisation rob you of what time you have to live and truly enjoy life, to participate in actvities that benefit others now - not in some never-coming promised pie-in-the-sky-paradise lie!

Whoo-hoo! Get out there and VOTE!!!

• imasheilatoo
    imasheilatoo

There's lots of life's pleasures and good responsibilities that slowly overtake you when you finally free yourself from the JWs. It has been years since I was one, but I STILL revel in the freedom and luxury of a Sunday morning without field service.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

I'm still a JW and voted this year for the first time for the parliament in the Netherlands!! For the first time in my life.

I voted on the local railroad station (and looked behind my shoulders a few times!!!)

• wobble
    wobble

Yup, I voted again today, last year in the general election was the first time for me. As you say, it is so liberating to do what we want, and should do.

Earlier this year I donated blood for the first time, it felt good to think that it will help someone.

It is good to feel too, as every day passes, that the shackles that bound me when I was in the WT are not just broken, but a long way in the past, a different country.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I voted too.

• llbh
    llbh

Me too

• FifthOfNovember
    FifthOfNovember

I turned old enough to vote this year so you can bet I'll be voting in the 2012 presidential election!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I work in campaigns and vote. In fact, I do voter integrity. Despite voting in almost every election for decades, I always want to celebrate my freedom. Most people take it for granted. The Americans who don't see any reason to vote blow my mind. Corporations certainly see a reason to influence political debate. Not voting is their right. I read that some countries make you vote. Western democracies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit