Damn the Organization

by JWinSF 7 Replies latest jw friends

• JWinSF
    JWinSF

I know that I should know better. After all, I've read Franz's books and have seen all too often the way JWs' normal familial emotions are rendered dead, inactive when one of their family members leaves the religion either through being DFd or by DAing.

Back in October 2001 I sent two gifts to my Uncle and Aunt in Detroit. They stopped having contact with me except for a thank-you letter when I did a similar thing about one year previously. I know that this recent gift was received as the on line UPS tracking link showed the recipient's last name. It was theirs. [The tracking doesn't show the first names or initials.]

Today, I decided to do some checking on family lineage. For some reason, I decided to plug in my Uncle's name on a social security records database. I found my Uncle. [First, last name, middle initial, date of birth, and zip code all matched.] What also was there was his date of death, May 10, 2001. Coincidentally that was also my deceased mother's birth date.

My uncle became closer to me than my own father, who left our house when I was in high school. It was my uncle who studied with me when I was 18 [my mother was an inactive JW]. His wife, whom he married after I left Michigan, was also a friend of our family. I loved her as well. After all that had been passed, she could've at least given me the common courtesy to let me know that he had passed away five months earlier.

Chalk it up to another heartless characteristic of the JW religion.

Sorry for venting.

• California Sunshine
    California Sunshine

John,

Please except my heartfelt sympathy on the passing of your Uncle.

Sunny

minds are like parachutes--they only function when open.

In a world of peace and love, music would be the universal language...Thereau

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

So sorry you had to find out the way you did, that is sad.

I had a similar event recently, but from my Church of Christ sister. My Mom died back in May of 2001 and I found out about it as a passing comment in a phone converstaion just this January. Although the Watchtower teaches this kind of rude and abhorrent behavior and seems to draw in those inclined to act in such a manner, cold hearted ones can be found all over.

In your case, it was due solely to the misguided efforts of some brainwashed people thinking they will find paradise by hating others. That is not at all what Jesus said at John 13:34, 35.

Again, my deepest condolences for your loss and for having to find out the way you did.

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

John, we all know what it feels like. I think you have to remember that they don't know what they are doing. They really don't. Unfortunately we do, and by our standards, their behavior stinks. You'll calm down after a few days. I always do. Bummer though ain't it?

Marilyn

• alamb
    alamb

John,
    So sorry to hear of the loss.
    I recently got on some family sites and found my uncle and a cousin. We have been writing since Christmas and exchanged cards. I apologized for being a judgemental JW. He said, "no hard feelings". My dad sends him anti holiday stuff every holiday so now I am supplying him with apostate info. from the other side.
    Should make quite a war.
    I am sorry things are different in your situation, maybe look for other family?

• Skeptic
    Skeptic

John, I am so sorry to hear of your loss...and the way you found out about it.

WindRider had a similar experience, and it does hurt even today.

Richard

• Valentine
    Valentine

((((((john)))))))))
    I'm so sorry about your loss. I too, have experienced finding out about the loss of a family member like that. It's part of the emotional terrorism promulgated by this sick sick cult. Wishing you strength courage and love.Tina

Todays Affirmation:
    The complete lack of evidence is the surest sign that the conspiracy is working.

• JWinSF
    JWinSF

Thanks everyone for your kind words of support.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit