Just found my fourth memorial invitation.

by FifthOfNovember 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• FifthOfNovember
    FifthOfNovember

It seems like I was really wanted at the memorial this year.

First invite: Saw a JW in a gas station while I was eating some food with my friend. He invited me to the memorial orally.

Second invite: It was a Saturday morning, I was in the shower when a JW came, Mom answered the door and talked with him, he left a memorial tract and some magazines.

Third invite: Found a somewhat crumpled memorial tract with a few small tears on my porch. I think the cats were playing with it.

Fourth invite: A JW who I do yardwork for came to my house to see if I would work for him again this year. I agreed. He then invited me to the memorial orally but with an intimidating manner so I just kind of said "okay."

Fifth invite: After doing yardwork for him he invited me again. I just sort of nodded and said "okay".

Sixth invite: Saturday, the day before the memorial, I went away for the day and came home to find another tract on the porch with a note written on it saying I was missed and he hoped to see me tomorrow.

Seventh invite: Just opened the front door (we rarely use it) and found another tract.

If you're wondering if I went to the memorial, I didn't. I went out to dinner with my girlfriend and hung out with her until about 9:30.

• meangirl
    meangirl

Wow your special, we didn't even get one!

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Thats pretty funny.

And they crow on and on about how because 17 or 18 million show up, there is "so much interest" out there that needs to be developed. No doubt those 10-11 million who ended up there that night had their arms twisted behind their backs by friends/family.

Arm twisting, another sign of a spiritual paradise.

• fade_away
    fade_away

Yeah last weekend, I got bombarded with phonecalls! 2 from my mom, about 10 from my sister-in-law, 1 from an elder and 2 from an unknown number. Then my sister in-law suddenly knocked on our door and we didn't answer. Knocks and rings all weekend long! Nobody barely talks to us, but last weekend we were the most popular and most wanted people in JW land!

• meangirl
    meangirl

LOL fadeaway!

• RADHESYAM
    RADHESYAM

Thanks Jehovah I am a DA lol :-P

• EXMS
    EXMS

I hear you. I was bombarded with phone calls and texts from grandmothers and my mom. To top it off, I have 4 other co workers....1 is a witness and nagged me and nagged me even up to an hour before. I just went to work and lived like normal. And let me tell you IT FELT GREAT! My 3rd memorial missed now whoo hoo! Although a part of me does want to go to one someday, where people don't know me and just start eating the crackers and drinking the wine....just for the shock value.

• Murray Smith
    Murray Smith

Wow I am just so jealous! . . . although we did get a memorial invitation . . . scrunched into the mailbox with all the other junk mail . . . and I was home all day . . . Oh well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit