I'm a Muckraker

by Farkel 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

Here is a formal definition of what I consider myself to be, but it doesn't really define me, either:

: muckrakers, name applied to American journalists, novelists, and critics who in the first decade of the 20th cent. attempted to expose the abuses of business and the corruption in politics. The term derives from the word muckrake used by President Theodore Roosevelt in a speech in 1906, in which he agreed with many of the charges of the muckrakers but asserted that some of their methods were sensational and irresponsible. He compared them to a character from Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress who could look no way but downward with a muckrake in his hands and was interested only in raking the filth.

I'm more of an asshole than a muckraker. I'm not sure where I fit in. I certainly stir the pot a bit. Yeah, I do that.

But I like the term "Muckraker", too. I do attempt to expose the abuses and curruption in the Watchtower Printing and Propaganda Corporation. I've been pretty good at doing that for the almost 15 years or so I've been playing that game.

I also enjoy being the jerk, which gives me the excuse for being a muckraker. This gives me an excuse for my madness.

Nah. I'm just a mad man. Period!

Good mad, though. Not great, but good mad.

"Mad" can be scary crazy. It can also just mean angry but benign. The key is to keep you folks guessing which one I really am.

Hint:

Heh, heh. No hint!

Farkel

• 2tone
    2tone

I think its appropriate. The modern word would prolly be shit-disturber.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Our Hero

• DocBob
    DocBob

I've always liked the term "gadfly"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit