A WORD OF ADVICE TO ALL JWs

by I quit! 8 Replies latest jw friends

• I quit!
    I quit!

If you aren't annointed then why go to the memorial. You can reject Christ's offer in the comfort of your own home. Rent a movie and have some popcorn instead of attending another boring meeting.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Your message is very late, I went to the Memorial and some are on the way too on West Coast.

• I quit!
    I quit!

There is always next year. They've got time to prepare their excuse for not going.

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

I abstained. Wrong day. No scriptural precedent for "observers" being invited. I think I'll make this my platform to question. Rather than fading, I'd rather confront the lies and make a stand for truth. Who knows; I may be able to flip some light switches on. By the time my "apostasy" gets to the elders, who knows how many people I can reach and jolt them out of their ruts.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Went to memorial tonight it didn't mean much to me like it used to... Gonna celebrate w another brother Monday afternoon, it's still Nisan 14 and we will be partaking. All that have Christ as their mediator are required to do this IMO.

• the_raisin
    the_raisin

Well, my old JW friends looooved going to the memorial to show off their new outfits. :/ Even with this information, I doubt they would cease attendance, sadly.

• godrulz
    godrulz

As a non-JW (never been), I went to the Memorial tonight to pray, be a witness, increase my burden for lost JWs, etc. I was grieved to see these precious people pass the plate and cup without touching it. They are being robbed by the WT Society. Do they do the same talk everywhere, or does the speaker prepare their own notes (I doubt it)? The verses out-of-context to support Anointed class, etc. made me cringe. A few JWs were friendly and I had fine dialogue with them. They really did not have answers to my biblical questions/concerns. Overall, compared to my Church with the presence and power of God, this was very boring and unbiblical. The two hymns were dead, the praying was sincere but rote, the 'discourse' was dry but not as bad as I expected. A few were friendly, but most were offish. Despite being born again, I decided to abstain since the whole thing was a sham (concerned about details of time, technique, etc., but missed the whole point of what Jesus and Paul taught about this). Overall, my brother in Christ and I may have been the only non-JWs showing up at a rented hall that covers an area of 60,000 people. The WT is in decline. The Easter presentations (drama, etc.) and services of most churches vastly outnumber this gathering. I did see an older teen bored and looking around, not participating (kid of JW couple). I saw another JW lady crying. I wish I could have spoken into her life (I assume it was for family that was not there or that she was not a JW and upset at her spouse being one?).

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

that is so true IQ, and to think how many of them buy themselves new outfits /suits, new shoes , get their hair done, and all for what?

• lil princess
    lil princess

i am now born of satan for refusing to go. funny, just who am i pleasing by going to a memorial? god or an overzelous family member. god has already shown that he does not care, why should a puppet, i mean human?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit