Full Moon? Not By My Clock!!!

by prophecor 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• prophecor
    prophecor

My atomic clock has a feature which gives moon phases. It won't reach full moon status until tomorrow. or at least until 12am. What's up with that?

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Jews agree with your clock, Passover begins tomorrow night. But the WT can't be bothered to get the day right, as Moshe points out in another thread.

• goddidit
    goddidit

You have an atomic clock????

• prophecor
    prophecor

Well, it's not nuclear powered, but it gets fed a radio signal from the Atomic Clock in Boulder Colorado that helps it to keep accurate time within so many fractions of a second, some bizzaro number. Also tells temperature, date and the phases of the moon.

• saltyoldlady
    saltyoldlady

Yeah Prophecor - I made the same discovery but just by using my calendar. It says full moon is tomorrow. So I am not partaking of the emblems until after sundown tomorrow myself. Made the same discovery last year - tht WTS did not have the dates figured correctly.

• bob1999
    bob1999

Here's the part that doesn't seem right to me.

"This date corresponds to Nisan 14, which was when Jesus held the last valid Passover."

In Matthew 24 Jesus tells us when the "end of the age" and the destruction of the temple will be. Until the end of the age and the destruction of the temple all Passovers were valid.

Read Hebrews 8:13 "...ready to vanish away" Something that is ready to vanish away has not yet vanished away. And did not vanish away until the destruction of the temple in 70AD.

Peace

• Alfred
    Alfred

The full moon was at around 4:45 this morning. So the WT celebrated the memorial about 10 hours ahead of the full moon. If they celebrate the memorial tonight, they'd be doing so 14 hours AFTER the full moon. It's really a toss up... either way, weren't they supposed to do this until Jesus returned in 1914???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit