April 15 Friday Fun Post

by OnTheWayOut 9 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It's Tax Weekend in the U.S.. For some goofy reason, income taxes are due Monday instead of today.

For many, it's also the start of Spring Break. Others have already had theirs.

We need a Friday Fun Post. Post any pics or vids or thoughts or jokes just for fun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVPa46W3uMY

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I swear, my wife can do this on a busy street:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwkxHxVgw4I&feature=related

• OnTheWayOut
  • miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Thank the faithful and discreet slave its Friday!!! Although today is starting off on a bad note. I just lost 5 bucks!!! Here's how. There's a girl that I work with who qualifies for FMLA benefits. For those not in the know, the acronym stands for Family Medical Leave Act which was enacted to provide job protection for employees with legitimate health concerns when they need time off. Like anything else that may or may not have good intentions, mofos will abuse it. As I said I work with a girl who qualifies for this, and all of us are under the impression that she's getting away with murder. Her health problems are not the result of any genetic disorders, or preexisting conditions, disease, viruses, etc.. The reality is, she's lazy and obese, and I'm not implying that anyone who's obese is lazy, but in her case, both shoes fit. She's in her early thirties, and I'd venture to say, 5-6 maybe, defintately in the upper 200 lbs to upwards of the early 300 lbs range. As a result of her weight amongst other things, she's diabetic, has hypertension, suffers from migraines, sleep disorders, excessive tiredness, and mild odors emanate from her in the summer, sometimes even in the winter when maintenance fails to adjust the heat to a comfortable setting.

I believe her migraines are the specific reason behind her qualifying for FMLA benefits. I know other people who suffer from migraines, and cluster migraines, and I can tell its no joke, and I'm glad I don't have to deal with it. In her case though, its preventable as she needs to get the weight off and get active. But I've typed too much, let me get to the crux of the matter. This girl calls off enough where her employment here she be changed from full time to part time. So the people that I work with have bets over whether or not she's going to show up for work the next day. The bets range from buying lunch for one another to cash, and may involve anywhere from 1 to 2 people, or almost a dozen. She's completely unaware of this, which I suppose is a good thing. That would be a human resources nightmare I'm sure. Yesterday a girl bet me $2 that this chick would call off, and I accepted it. Nobody else wanted a piece of the action. Later on I was speaking to one of the clerks here who's an older woman and kinda like the grandma of the joint. So her and I were laughing about this girl always calling off, and she's been off since Wednesday. This older woman told me that she'll probably come in on Friday, because if she calls off a 3rd day, she'll need a doctor excuse. I told her thanks for the tip, and approached the girl that I bet with and suggested we up the ante to $5. I figured I had an edge with this bit of info provided by the 17th floor grandma. She hesitantly accepted the increase of our wager.

Well when I came in this morning, and put my lunch in the refrigerator, and then got around to my cubicle, the girl I bet with had the hugest grin on her face, like the joker. I went back and told the 17th floor grandma, so much for wisdom being associated with old age.

• punkofnice
  • palmtree67
    palmtree67

This one always makes me laugh.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Palmtree......that's funny.

Think About It

• unshackled
  • OnTheWayOut
  • 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies