Has anyone read The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown?

by ranmac 8 Replies latest jw friends

• ranmac
    ranmac

This is the only one of his books Ive read. It was kind of drawn out but still entertaining, especially if you're interested in Freemasonry and the usual fodder associated with it. The descriptions of the rituals,monuments and symbols associated with washington and its political/religious origins is quite intriguing. The praising of Freemasonry and its apparent nobility and virtue is quite nauseating at times but most should find the religious references quite interesting.

If anyones read it Id love to hear your views.

Mac

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

My hubby and I both read it, we are big dan brown fans. I think you would have enjoyed it more if you read DaVinci Code & Angels and demons first because you would have known more about Robert Langdon.

Of all 3 books, I liked DaVinci Code the best, then the lost symbol. My least fav. was Angels & Demons.

Both my hubby and I love the Mason Conspiracy Theories, and not because some claim Russell Was a Mason. More because a lot of the founding fathers of this country were Masons.

I especially loved the ties to all the Washington Monuments. We are going there this summer with the kids.

• lil princess
    lil princess

definatly worth rereading a few times. dan brown writes books for a wide audience. but yes good book, hard to put down.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

The book is better if you have been to DC. If not, and you read it, you MUST go to DC. It really brings the book alive.

• ranmac
    ranmac

I have seen the Ron Howard movies (not his best). I have also read The Templar Revelations, Holy Blood Holy Grail, Hiram Key, still researching dead sea scrolls, gnostics, etc, etc. I was impressed with myself that I was well read on most things mentioned in the book. It was put into a fictional scenario quite well. I've concluded that Russell wasnt a Freemason as well, I do think he had some hidden affilliations tho. This book did, however, instill a desire to visit Washington, despite my aversions to that government's history and intentions.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Holy Blood, Holy Grail was very good too.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

I have read every other Dan Brown book, and have that one on my shelf staring at me. I read DaVinci Code first. I truly enjoyed them all. I think I like Angels and Demons the best. I'm going to Rome in about a month, and have thought many times about that story.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

I was mesmerized by Holy Blood Holy Grail, years before I read Dan. But it really did not follow through with the buildup.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

I read it a while back...I also remember thinking that I really need to make a trip to DC and see all of the buildings.

Even tho all of his books are fiction (based on facts) reading The DaVinci Code was eye opening to me and made me think about the Bible in a whole new light.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit