Watchtower stance in Australia - a few thoughts to ponder

by James_Slash 6 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• James_Slash
    James_Slash

"We don't typically work with children....so [any mandatory child protection] law doesn't apply to us" - Watchtower spokesman.

If this is the case, then how have so many children BEEN abused?

Also, in James 1:27 it instructs 'Elders' to "look after orphans and widows" - how can they do this when they "do not specifically work with children"?

Thoughts anyone?

• Pika_Chu
    Pika_Chu

They totally work with children. I know of six-year old who's baptized and in the Ministry School. Actually, I know a BUNCH of kids in my area who are very active JWs. What about "training up" kids from birth? Making sure they pay attention at the meetings and hand out Watchtowers at the door?! They don't work with children, my pale ass.

• James_Slash
    James_Slash

A baptised 6-year-old....are they becoming that desperate now?

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

Do you have a recording or newspaper/magazine article where that spokesman's quote appears?

• looloo
    looloo

i knew a kid was abused in the actual kitchen at kingdom hall , with lots of people about !

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Vincent Toole and his team will no doubt do their level best to portray their rediculous stance with double meaning legal mumbo jumbo in the hope of gaining an exemption

and then trumpet puplicly how they yet again triumphed in upholding religious freedoms if they 'win'.

And this may well happen if no politician or judge wants to handle the hot potato.

oz

• Listener
    Listener

Interested one, I believe it may be a quote from a guy who is launching a court case at the moment, there's a thread on it. The guy got a call from an elder who was having a go at him about the case and made that remark to him.

That comment in itself - 'we don't typically work with children' is damning in itself for a religious organization and I can appreciate why you would wonder where it comes from.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit