what's your take on this flawed doctrine?

by finallyfree! 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• finallyfree!
    finallyfree!

you know the scripture that speaks of the annointed (forget where exactly) that they will rule with christ as kings and priests in heaven??

why doesnt it say kings and queens? priests and priestesses?? because in jw land, the annointed has a large number of female members (i always questioned their sanity...)

especially the fact that women are not allowed to teach or have positions of responsibility, not allowed to offer prayer for the congregation in public etc etc..

why on earth (no pun intended) would they be nobodies, humble women who know their place before men on this earth to being elevated to ruling side by side over the earth with christ jesus himself!!!??? it just doesnt make any sense or contain any logic, but then again what do they teach that makes any friggin sense?

can anyone shed some light as to how a jw would explain this?

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor freeman, there is neither male nor female; for YOU are all one [person] in union with Christ Jesus. - 1Pet 3:28

However, this I say, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit God’s kingdom, neither does corruption inherit incorruption. Look! I tell YOU a sacred secret: We shall not all fall asleep [in death], but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, during the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised up incorruptible, and we shall be changed. - 1Cor 15:50-52

Spirits have no gender, as they have no physical bodies or hormones that determine male or female. "Kings" in this context is used like "brothers" even when it's including women, as neuter.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Never mind that the 144,000 are all Jewish male virgins from the twelve tribes. (Revelation 7:4-9)

I am old enough to remember when the language of literature was not gender neutral. For instance, we all, men and women, come from man-kind. (I assume all the way back to Adam's rib). If this switch to gender neutrality happened in my lifetime, I don't expect the bible writers to always include women in their prophecies.

• Terry
    Terry

At one time I basked in the wonder of a male-dominated world and took full advantage.

Then, I fathered 4 daughters.......

Now, it really pisses me off how long women have had their humanity stomped on but jerks.

Gender is often an excuse rather than a reason.

Any person who can perform at a certain level is acceptable and equal to any other.

Christianity and Islam still suffer from disgustingly brutish mentality toward women that is unacceptable in our world today.

Judaism has made the most progress of any of them.

• mouthy
    mouthy

But keep in mind that Jesus came back to women FIRST!!!!!!

• Yomax
    Yomax

Terry,

"At one time I basked in the wonder of a male-dominated world and took full advantage.

Then, I fathered 4 daughters.......

Now, it really pisses me off how long women have had their humanity stomped on but jerks."

The IRONY! or ... Karma strikes again!

• designs
    designs

To much radiation in heaven, like frogs christians become ambisexual then nonsexual.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit