kids nd goin from no part of the world to part of it

by serein 1 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• serein
    serein

how has it been for all u lot as kids growing up?did some of u get kept in and only alowed to play with jw kids or did u get home educated and had no mates nd only jws at hall,were anyone sneeks and played out hung out what ever with worldies without parents knowing,do any of u find it hard now ur fams out making freinds, do any of u parents feel gulity or do ur kids still stay at home wont play wi worldly kids cos they so diff, whats all of ur thoughts on this.

• headisspinning
    headisspinning

We were raised as JWs and although we would have friends at school we were not allowed to do anything with them outside of school - no sleepovers or play dates. The only exception would be if we were paired up with someone for a school project.

If any neighbourhood kids came to the door to ask us to play we had to tell them we were busy.

Even in the organization my mother was always watching for ANY back talk or 'bad attitude' in us after we played with JW kids. Any misstep would be blamed on our association and we wouldn't be allowed to play with even some of the Witness kids.

As a teen I was only allowed to associate with approved friends from the Hall. My mother kept a tight grip and over a weekend I was allowed to go out once. It didn't matter if a month went by without an outing and then two events fell on one weekend. ONE was the rule and that was that.

I remember during the summer that I would make a LOT of field service arrangements with JW friends just to get out of the house. Otherwise, I was very much alone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit