My talk tonight ....... :0)

by itsbeenalongtime 8 Replies latest jw friends

• itsbeenalongtime
    itsbeenalongtime

OK, so to night I was going to give a talk and of course I waited to the last min.....Well then I just happen to get sick and just never showed up...OH NO WHATEVER WILL I DO?!?!?! HAHAHA Anyway I am posting this because I was wondering how everyone who has faded got to get off the school..... I have never ditched on a talk before so I'm sure I wont be in too much trouble but I m sure they will says something so what do I say?

• sinis
    sinis

Tell them you are sick from stress. Tell them job, whatever. Apologize and then ask them if they can take you off the school until said time when things are going better in your life. Works every time...

• rebel8
    rebel8

Faded? Heck, after I met with the elders in person and said I was never coming back to the kh, they still kept assigning me talks. My mother would hand me the slips and I'd lol. She insisted I call them to cancel and I said no--if no one shows up to do the talk it's their own stupid fault.

Why not go and give a nice talk? Read from a publication that misquotes a secular source then read from the secular source. Keep doing that and pretend like you don't notice. Just keep going on about how the wts is so truthful.

• jam
    jam

Tell the elders, A angel appeared before me last nite while

I was sleeping, he woke me and told me not to give the talk.

Now will they question a angel or will they agree, in your frame

of mine maybe it was good that you didn,t give the talk.

• tia.dalma
    tia.dalma

Why did you not give a talk?

You could have had the chance to speak out your ideas.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

This happened to me too,recently. I just handed my slip back to the School condutor and said I wasn't able to give my talk. He didn't ask why.

I will have to later talk to him about needing a break from the school,because of stressful circumstances. Fortunately,he isn't the type to ask questions.

• jam
    jam

Tia dalma; obviously you have never been A JW.

As soon as he attempt to speak his ideas, he would

have been remove from platform, right out the front

door.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The school is voluntary. I resigned as an elder and used "doubt" as my excuse. I insisted that I don't give any talks on the school because of the same "doubt."

Looking back, it worked for me but doubt is probably not the best way to get out of stuff. It tips them off too well.

• man in black
    man in black

onthewayout hit the bullseye !

The school is voluntary, quit allowing these guys to control you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit