Book releases at district conventions and book study?

by Philadelphia Ponos 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Philadelphia Ponos
    Philadelphia Ponos

Can anyone tell me what books were released at the 2010, 2008, and 2007 conventions. Also I need to know what book is currently being studied at the book study and which book is scheduled next. Thanks!

• factfinder
    factfinder

2007-none

2008-"Keep Yourselves In God's Love" and "Questions Young People Ask- Answers That Work Vol. 2"

2010-"God's Word to Us Through Jeremiah"

They just started using "Bearing Through Witness" About God's Kingdom at the Congregation Bible Study!

• Caminante
    Caminante

In 2007, at the "Follow the Christ" District Convention, they released "Come Be My Follower", that was just finished last week at the Congregation Bible Study.

• wobble
    wobble

Boy, all this "Noo Light" that I dont get (=can't be arsed) to read !

Surely Jehovah's Chariot moves on apace ! (off topic ,but his chariot doesn't sound very "green" from its description in Ezekiel)

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

And so the current BS book, "Bearing Thorough Witness" which is supposed to be about the book of Acts but is really another Borg ploy to convince the drones that they are "just like" the first Christians, was released in 2009. Not sure why the OP skipped that year in the question.

I sometimes wonder how the deal with the scripture in Acts where Jesus says, "you will be witnesses of ME," but I can't bring myself to pick up that book. It's awful.

• factfinder
    factfinder

@Caminante- thank you for mentioning that!

I'm usually good at remembering what year the books were released from 1971-now.

I misplaced my "Come Be My Follower" book so could not look up the year it was published.

I guess the Bearing Witness book should take some time to get through at the meetings. I'd guess the new Jeremiah book will be studied after that one.

I wonder if they will release a new book on God's Kingdom this year like the "Let Your Kingdom Come 'Book which has been out of print for years now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit