Are you really concerned about the people in Japan?

by cyberjesus 6 Replies latest jw friends

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Here is a link of official organizations that are providing help:

http://www.interaction.org/crisis-list/interaction-members-support-japan-earthquake-response

You can donate and do something.... or you can pray and have God do it for you.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

It shows how much you know about Christians and prayer CJ. Christians don't pray and do nothing.

Mark 10:21
    Jesus looked at him and loved him. "One thing you lack," he said. "Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

2 Corinthians 9:7
    Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

1 John 3:17-18
    If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I have friends and family there.

I was there for a few months over the years, once to get my Black belt in Judo and the other to get my 2nd degree BB in Kyokushin karate.

I feel for them and all they have gone though, the images and videos are horrifying and it breaks my heart to see them.

So much death and suffering, but OH SO heroic are the people !
    One just hopes that things don't get worse !

I think you guys should divert your energies in a more possitive way, this negativity is not good and is solving nothing.

• Gayle
    Gayle

I have such respect for their culture,, very industrious and not many cry babies!! I think they will recover in an impressive form, though understandably it will take a while.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

I am not attacking Christians. I am providing a link for those interested in helping the people in Japan.... lets be proactive.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

My oldest daughter spent her senior year at an all girls Catholic School in Sendai 3 years ago. Her host family contacted her last night to let her know that they are okay (despite not having any water). However, a lot of her friends she went to school with are unaccounted for. My heart breaks for these beautiful people. I wish there was more I could do.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I'm happy to donate.. the destruction is so overwhelming and our News bulletin here in the UK tonight is discussing the effects on the economy that will result from it. Back to £s and $s ....

Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit