Toss a smart bomb

by Giordano 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Giordano
    Giordano
    I meet regularly for a Bro Lunch with a couple of friends of mine. The conversation is usually first rate and free flowing.
    One day we were talking about education and I mentioned that having been raised in a cult I had passed on college...... to pioneer.

One of my friends said he really didn't know much about JW’s except he remembered that they don't accept blood transfusions.

I mentioned how and when they came up with that belief and that no one really knows how many have died for want of a transfusion. Considering the medical conditions back in 1945, and many decades to follow, understanding how fast a decision has to be made with a trauma injury........... or just the conditions found in third world countries............. a lot of believing JW’s have lost their lives. I further said it is well within the range of probability that hundreds if not thousands of JW’s die needlessly every year. Men, women and children.

There was a long silence until finally one of my friends asked...........“Children?”

Yes I replied A number of children under their parent’s influence and guidance have made a choice to risk death by refusing a transfusion.The Awake magazine, a WT publication, praised those dead children as martyrs.....complete with portraits and a brief statement. Some parents have even been known to remove their child from the Hospital and hide them away until they pass.

'”How could they do that to their own children?”

Remember Jonestown? I asked. You can see photos of entire families including children dead in a field. With the JW’s it’s hidden away in hospital rooms or in their homes.

My other friend said ‘But even Christian Scientist's can make a personal choice to receive medical help.’

Not the JW’s I said................... they don't get a choice they obey or risk being shunned.

As we discussed this further my friends looked to be shell shocked. It was like they had just had a mental bomb go off. They shook their heads and one said I’ll never look at a JW again or drive past their church (KH) and not remember what they are capable of doing to their children.

This brief conversation changed how my friends now view this religion.

A small smart bomb has to be precise and simple to understand.
  • Chris Hannover
    Chris Hannover

For how you handled the conversation.

To how your friends responded.

to JWs.

• XkhanX
    XkhanX
    Nice bombing.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette
    Good job!
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

You encountered a teachable moment. And you seized it.

The beauty of the teachable moment is that their interest is already there and ready to be engaged.

We all need to be aware of these opportunities and have an appropriate script for discussion ready in our minds.

Good job!

• Giordano
    Giordano

The two witness rule is another one of those WTF moments. I was having a discussion about child molesters as the Catholic church was in the news again.

I said you know the JW's have a problem with that too..... I think all churches do but the JW's make it more complicated than it needs to be. Why's that ? One of my buddies asked.

Well they have a two witness rule.

What do you mean?.

The victim is one witness but there has to be another witness before they can take any action. It's a bible rule.

Your kidding........right? What molester wants someone else to see what they are doing to a child?

I know I said. There's a number of law suits they are involved in right now.

There are a lot of JW's who didn't know about this problem because if the pedophile repents the matter is kept quiet.

So they could have a pedophile in their church and not realize it?

Yep.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Its also interesting that if anyone knows anything about JW's it's either they don't take blood, dont celebrate holidays, or they don't think they recognize Jesus, nothing at all about thier good news of the kingdom.
  • Miles
    Miles
    Dam that bastard of Russell that started all this garbage.
  • Village Idiot
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Smart bomb, my ass.

That was a f**king bunker buster.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit