Jesus is NOT the Messiah!?!?! More Crazy Bible Contradictions ;)

by 3Mozzies 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• VM44
    VM44

Literally then, Joseph is Jesus' step dad.

Is that sufficient to fulfill Samuel's prophecy?

• wobble
    wobble

Can't read this thread.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Pulled this off of yahoo (I'm lazy today)

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100510225414AAR3PfC

Reasons Jesus wasn’t the Jewish Messiah
    divine birth/divinity - (the Jewish Messiah will be human – G-d cannot become human – Deuteronomy 6:4, Isaiah 44:6, Hosea 11:9, Ezekiel 28:2, Numbers 23:19)

performing miracles - (JM won't perform miracles)

taking on the sins of others - (no one can take on the sins of others – Deuteronomy 24:16, Exodus 32:30-35, Ezekiel 18:1-4; 20-24; 26-27)

breaking Sabbath - strike (JM will be observant)

sacrificed/rising from the dead - (G-d rejects human sacrifice and blood sacrifice is NOT an absolute requirement – Deuteronomy 12:30-31, Jeremiah 19:4-6, Psalm 106:37-38, Ezekiel 16:20, Leviticus 5:11-13, Jonah 3:10, Leviticus 17, Leviticus 5:11-13, Numbers 16:47, Numbers 31:50, Isaiah 6:6-7, Jeremiah 7:22-23, Psalm 51:16-17)

prophecies unfilled - (JM will accomplish them in one life time)

The Messiah cannot trace his lineage through Jehoiakim, Jeconiah, or Shealtiel, because this royal line was cursed (I Chronicles 3:15-17; Jeremiah 22:18,30). But according to both Matthew 1:11-12 and Luke 3:27, Jesus was a descendant of Shealtiel

being worshiped - Jews worship G-d and only G-d

G-d is not a man that he should be deceitful nor a son of man that he should relent. (Numbers 23:19)

I will not act on My wrath, will not turn to destroy Ephraim. For I am G-d, not man, The Holy One in your midst. (Hosea 11:9)

Moreover, the Glory of Israel does not deceive or change His mind, for He is not human that He should change His mind. (1 Samuel 15:29)

He is not a man, like me, that I can answer him, that we can go to law together. No arbiter is between us, to lay his hand on us both. (Job 9:32-33)

Will you still say, “I am a god” before your slayers, when you are proved a man, not a god, at the hands of those who strike you down? (Ezekiel 28:9)

For your own sake, therefore, be most careful – since you saw no shape when the Lord your G-d spoke to you at Horeb out of the fire. (Hosea 4:15)

For I am the Lord, I change not. (Malachi 3:6)
    (thanks to What Jews Believe and Mama P)

* The Sanhedrin will be re-established (Isaiah 1:26)
    * Once he is King, leaders of other nations will look to him for guidance. (Isaiah 2:4)
    * The whole world will worship the One God of Israel (Isaiah 2:17)
    * He will be descended from King David (Isaiah 11:1) via King Solomon (1 Chron. 22:8-10)
    * The Moshiach will be a man of this world, an observant Jew with " fear of God " (Isaiah 11:2)
    *****In other words - this must all be accomplished in a human lifetime*****
    * Evil and tyranny will not be able to stand before his leadership (Isaiah 11:4)
    * Knowledge of God will fill the world (Isaiah 11:9)
    * He will include and attract people from all cultures and nations (Isaiah 11:10)
    * All Israelites will be returned to their homeland (Isaiah 11:12)
    * Death will be swallowed up forever (Isaiah 25:8)
    * There will be no more hunger or illness, and death will cease (Isaiah 25:8)
    * All of the dead will rise again (Isaiah 26:19)
    * The Jewish people will experience eternal joy and gladness (Isaiah 51:11)
    * He will be a messenger of peace (Isaiah 52:7)
    * Nations will end up recognizing the wrongs they did to Israel (Isaiah 52:13-53:5)
    * The peoples of the world will turn to the Jews for spiritual guidance ( Zechariah 8:23)
    * The ruined cities of Israel will be restored (Ezekiel 16:55)
    * Weapons of war will be destroyed (Ezekiel 39:9)
    * The Temple will be rebuilt (Ezekiel 40) resuming many of the suspended mitzvot
    * He will then perfect the entire world to serve God together (Zephaniah 3:9)
    * Jews will know the Torah without Study (Jeremiah 31:33)
    * He will give you all the desires of your heart (Psalms 37:4)
    * He will take the barren land and make it abundant and fruitful (Isaiah 51:3, Amos 9:13-15, Ezekiel 36:29-30, Isaiah 11:6-9).

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Lego Jesus looks like John depicts him in the Apocalypse: his tongue is shaped like a Jedi-sword.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit