JWs doctrines - GB's interest

by tosko 9 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• tosko
    tosko

Who can prove to me or show me that JWs have teachings or even doctrines that are there to servce the interest s of the Gov.Body. By this i mean, if it wasn't in their interest, they wouldn't stress these doctrines (teachings) or wouldn't even exist for them. What particular teachings serve their interests?
    Thanks
    T

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Governing body is spirit directed and our only channel to God.

Will

"I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."
    Mark Twain

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Ralph's on Tenth and Main

Spirits directed.

JF Rutherford was spirits directed, too. Whiskey is KING!!!

ashi

• jerome
    jerome

the governing body DOESNOT claim infallibility

yet when it makes mistakes on trival matters

such as the end of the world

the ressurection of the saints

organ transplants (matter of conscience)

the scarlet beast (whom they were a part of SECRETLY)

space travel

vaccinations (how many became infected)

the intreptation of the word generation as life span
    [matt 24:34]

the end of the gentile times

Who was faithfull and descreteslave

Colledge education

frequency of Earthquakes

the king of the north

when were the sheeps and the goats sepereted

What is the grate crowd

did Babalyon the grate fall

very importantly the fall of jerelusem in supposedely 607

etc etc...

i could go on and on and on
    the energizer bunny couldent keep up with me anyway

They do not claim infallibility because they have made too many mistaeks
    there have been scandles

and they continue to change their views about pivotal matters continousely.

[rem God dosent change]

They know that people arent that stupid.

Now how do they stop people from doubting the infallibilty of the organisation itself

this organisation is "Gods only channel of communication with mankind on earth"

this organisation is the truth the only truht and nothing but the truth
    [only the mistakes stop them from calling it the whole truth]

So why do people still believe them after all there mistakes
    why do they consider the annonted remanant the only people to which God reveals his word to

The new light docterin

they thech that when they make mistakes that dont get disapointed that to dont loose faith in Gods organisation (which they direct) but be patient because

------------------------------------------------------------

the ways of the righteous are like a light getting lighter and lighter untill it is fully estabilshed.

------------------------------------------------------------

So keep your faith Jehovah God will reveal His understanding to us
    to us and refine our docterings dont be discouraged dont mind thoes who stand against gods earthly understanding dont encourage doubts
    stand firm with jehovah and his organisation.

Is there any conseiveable way that one with a minimal amount of objectively can say that these people at the top could possibly have any personal an ideological intrest* in introducing this docterin.

who controlls this organisation directly who controlls the spending of the money who now has enough money to influence major political elements

they say Jehovah leades

so does Jehovah puts His mighty signature on the documents that pass through the governing bodys head quarters office.

oh he gave them the authority to direct His organisation

intersting isnt it.

* Does the end justify the means can we keep people in what we see as the the truth by any means necessary excluding physicall.
    {if they could implement physicall punishment would ray franz be alive,
    just a thought}

who has the authority to claim that they are God's sole channel of communication i.e prophet but wet can make prophesys and when they dont come true call it a misintrepretation and still live up to

deut 18:20-22

and still point out all the quote unquote pagan unGodly practices in orthodox christianity

claim to be the only ones with the ability to intrepret revelation and daniel

and claim to be the only ones going to heaven.

You tell me

So could the "New light possibly serv the GB best"

tell me what you think

i'm not infallibie by the way The Father is

---------------------
    ps

Would God allow his organisation to make so many mistake and change so many thinghs even inolving life and death
    soo close to the end

i the world was supposed to end soon for the last 86 years
    so who soon is soon...

how would His organisation look to out siders

i dont mean to sound too judgemental so the next time you meet a jw ask him about why he thinks all other churches are bad
    and see if it compares to the above

read some jw literature talk to them see who they react when you have some intresting questions about gods organisation

more importantly ask them how they think the GB members make decisions

for the record i encourage you too look in to these mistakr=es and explainations see ehat they have to say

-------------------------------------

i dont think this doctrin applies to
    only the GB but to the rank and file members who
    may backslide but will get better at serving Jehovah and the org

its not all bad

not even mostly bad

anyone who follow Jesu's example cant be all bad

they try follow the rules

but can they possibly be misguided

• jerome
    jerome

Apostasy

dosent that word sound nasty

ask jws what emotions hey associate with apostates except close family

quote un quote

"The truth can stand up to any scrutany"

have you ever heard this from a jw.

In all matters other that religion love and politics we are usually able to display a manner of objectivity

I dont like to state personal views this bluntly (i have at times but i try not to ) but

I

get the impression that you can examin their organisation but they will only aprove of your examination by not going to opposing sourses
    ESPECIALLY ex-jehovah-witness

what could be so possibly be so bad about these people?

Every dirty word in the book applies to these people
    it is as if they get a bad taste in their mouth just talking about these people who dare decide to speak against God's organisation.

They do have a scriptural basis ofcoarse for using this defense

as for everything they do

but why STRESS on this one

what could these people say that is so corrupting...

orthodox christianity does discourage people form reading

books considered to be demonic but

not nearly as strictly as they do

in fact i think you can be disfelloshipped for it

(unless it is another one of thoes matters of conscience)

So why so harsh.

Could the truth possibly have anyhting to hide ?

and again could this possibly serv the GB's intrest?

A jw once told me that if someone told me that a person was bad that she would investigate the person him/herself rather that listen to
    rather than listen only to what other people had to say about the person.

So true she is.

So i should look into the jw's with the help of a jw rather than just listen to what other people have to say.

I totally agree with this.

So also too when they tell me about these bad apostates that are such immoral people that i should go to them too to find out what they have to say also right?

This double standard prompted me to do the research and what i found wasent pretty.

Am i examining people or the devil

is it the same thing

is this objectivitity.

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman
    Who can prove to me or show me that JWs have teachings or even doctrines that are there to servce the interest s of the Gov.Body. By this i mean, if it wasn't in their interest, they wouldn't stress these doctrines (teachings) or wouldn't even exist for them. What particular teachings serve their interests?

Tosko,

The only doctrine of JWs that serves the Governing Body directly is the exclusive right they have given themselves to direct and be the sole teachers of 6 million people.

Their word comes above the Bible, the conscience, the love, and the common sense of so many sincere and God loving people.

They have made themselves a god to the brothers and sisters. Moses provided proofs, Jesus provided proofs; the Governing Body asks us to have faith in them with NO proofs! Are they greater than Moses or Jesus?

There could be no greater self-serving benefit than this!

IW

• ElijahTheThird
    ElijahTheThird

Thanks Island Woman.
    I had been trying to figure a way to put that and you did it very well. The insight of this now called "religion" of the JW may have had that insight given to it long ago. Today with the KIND of problems they are having it is obvious that they no longer have any "insightual" guidance.

Norval

• tosko
    tosko

Thanks to all who take interest in this topic. It is important not only to me but all who are keen to know about Jws or even are members.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I was asked by an elder, after my DA, what earthly motive the GB could have to mislead everyone.

I blush when I recall that my mind went blank - I couldn't think of a valid reason, and hadn't really considered that particular question so directly.

The answer comes more readily, now:

POWER
    !

• tosko
    tosko

Little Toe, its interesting to read your DA letter. As i am writing a thesis on JWs i needed to know what intentional distortions and corruption they make in order to support their doctrines. It is not enough to say they are interpreting passages differently because many do so. But intentional translation of texts is more persuasive.
    Thanks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit