Ladies, did/does your ex elder/elder husband tell you what the BOE discussed?

by pontoon 7 Replies latest jw friends

• pontoon
  • nugget
    nugget

Not a thing unless it pertained to us not attending enough meetings or doing enough service. Told them enough times that an autistic child has issues but never listened.

I have sat in the KH carpark whilst hubby was in the hall buttonholed by someone who had to talk to him about something important. He was on various JCs never told me that was where he was going. Never gave me any gossip or even a hint. Took all phone calls in another room and when elder friends came round I would go upstairs and watch TV.

When we exited and I was told some of it OMG. The number of people who have sex before marriage, had affairs got into trouble of various sorts it was a joke. And they were telling me off for not attending late night meetings with a constipated autistic child what morons.

• pontoon
    pontoon

Well, I'm not a lady but I started this thread so I'll tell why. I'm out in service one day after a BOE meeting the night before. In the van aside me are 3 sisters, one with her about 13 yr. old son. The boy had diarrhea of the mouth. Never shut up. Talking about what went on at elders meeting last night. Mom was squirrming, kid not taking the hint to shut his big mouth. First chance mom says we're taking this door. As they were walking you could tell that kid was catching holy hell. The next hour he hardly said a word. I figure the kid was listening as elder dad told mom all about the meeting the night before.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

My mum used to say that the only way she knew what was going on in the congregation was from the gossips of the congregation. My elder father would never reveal what went on in elder meetings.

Like cantleave, he would also take phone calls in another room. We had a caravan, so if anyone visited to have a chat he'd talk to them in the caravan.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey Pontoon, I know you have heard the word "Pillow talk "

need I say more. I'm not assumin' they all do it but to think

"pillow Talk " ain't gonna happen would be a bit nieve.

• Desert Rat
    Desert Rat

Just before the big change of stop selling the magazines and offer for a donation only... We knew there was something big coming out and were waiting for the announcement. I was in a car group with an elder, his wife and another, and we were talking about what this big deal coming could possibly be?? I made the statement something to the effect, that with all the new laws that had just passed regarding taxes and churchs etc, that I thought it might have something to do with our selling the literature??

The elder decided he and I would take the next door together. Since I had 'guessed' what it was, he couldn't wait to give me all the details!! He wasn't even my husband, so I'm sure his wife already knew!!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I knew not from my now EX husband but from others in the congregation. I knew more then him at some times. Now I think what BS husbands and wives should be able to say anything to eachother!

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

When I was teenager I often overheard gossip between the sisters. My mom and dad were very active in field service and meetings, but the highest my dad ever achieved was Literature Servant while I was living at home. He became an "elder" much later, after I had moved out.

My mother, I can honestly say, was not a gossip in the classic JW sense. She'd share information she had about the health of some of the older brothers and sisters and would let on when she knew someone at the KH was getting married or having a baby. But that was it for her.

On the other hand, other sisters who were married to the CongServ, AsstCongServ and some others were always blabbing about who was in trouble, why someone was being called on the carpet, who was cheating with whom, etc. At 15 or 16, I heard gossip that would curl your hair - and they never even paid me any mind at all as I just sat there and took it all in.

Yes, the "elderettes" were all the worst gossips. That is how they tried to achieve rank among the sisters - whoever had the most inside information or the juiciest stories "ruled the roost," so to speak.

I often knew who was going to be DF'd or put on probation well before it was ever announced at the Kingdom Hall. Such fun...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit