The Mental Regulating of Jehovah is CHILD ABUSE

by PublishingCult 14 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• strawberry cake
    strawberry cake

Well, I left 3 years ago. I was very worried at the time about my 3 children and the impact my leaving would have on them mentally, after I had indoctrinated them with the belief that the watchtower was absolutely right and even if mum left they must not. I got fantastic support and advice right here in this forum and realised they would be more mentally abused if I stayed.

I totally lived and breathed the Watchtower, pioneering with young children, yet I believe, I had a perspective which was foremost christian based. So I followed Jesus example of being loving, understanding and gentle with my children. Some Witnesses, went to extremes. I could see this was just plain cruelty and nothing to do with love.

I took my children on ministry regularly, but only for an hour, if that, and we always ended up in the park or in our favourite cafe. This became a weekend ritual and the cafe people still remember us. We did family study and did plays, and always ended it with a tasty treat, that the children picked.

However, I knew of parents who used up the whole of Saturday and Sunday on ministry and did not take their kids out enough. Also, those, who even prevented their child from reading too many childrens books so that they would have time to study.

I tried making word searches etc for the long assemblies. Encouraged them to find words etc, but nothing could stop that level of boredom. my 2 youngest would peel their nails till it bled.I used to despair at what to do, and knew the WT was failing the children. This was abusive.

I also stopped my boys from joining football teams, but encouraged them to play each weekend with the brothers. There is one brother who used to pick them up diligently each week to take them. I will always be eternally grateful to him. He even purchased a people carrier so that he could fit every one in.

I encouraged sleep overs and took my children and other peoples children on day trips or out camping for years. Had fantastic times and still have fond memories. We even did the watchtower in a dark tent with torches. We made it fun.

When it was time for my eldest to decided if he wanted to pioneer, I listened when he said, but mum I don't want to work in a supermarket all my life. I want more. How will I look after my family in the future. I helped him to get qualifications and now he doing well.

I adore my children and wanted everlasting life for them. When I found out it was a lie, I loved them enough to be honest. Now we are all free. I have appologised for them not being famous footballers. We laugh at the ridiculous WT rules and have hopefully moved on.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Dear Strawberry Cake, it is so nice to hear from one who was a loving parent while in the JW cult. As a born-in I knew of only one set of parents that treated their children in such a loving manner in all the years I was in the JW cult. When Misses Totally ADD and I had children I remember full well how the others in the congregation looked and treated my wife and child. Every time he cried every head would turn with a scowl on their face. Telling my wife what to do and not do to keep the baby quiet and still. Not one would even offer to help her during the meeting. Field service was a another matter. We were usually sent on our own. Growing up in this cult and being treated badly most of the time makes one become abusive also. True there are various degrees of it, but abusive anyway. PublishingCult like many others realize when you are abused you also become abusive and thats were the anger comes in when you realize the JW cult caused it. Totally ADD

• strawberry cake
    strawberry cake

yes, totally add I do see what publishingcult is saying.

I think it was easier for me as I came in as an adult and had a different perspective on things. I was not brought up a JW myself, so I didn't have that mind set.

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult

I am not bitter about my upbringing these days. I'm living in the moment more and more as I grow older, and enjoying my life. I have always had a mind that could not rest until I understood the mechanics of how things move and work. I've always had a burning desire to understand the specific actions that were taken in order to have gotten a specific result. I need to understand cause and effect. As a child, if I saw a magician performing tricks, my gut automatically told me it was an illusion and I would not stop until I either figured it out or found it out. It only followed that I would want to know exactly how the cult of the publishing corporation screwed us all up and how they got me to screw up my own kids. When you discover the three parts of a magic trick are; the pledge, the turn, and the prestige- all of the mysticism, superstition, and belief in the supernatural just fades away leaving you to accept with a clear mind that was nothing more than a made up story designed to control you. It's a gimmick. Once you see how the trick is performed, you can only really wonder at how you fell for something so simple and obvious.

When it comes to abusing our children with religion, it's really no different than the gimmicks used by Hitler to get an entire nation to be apathetic in response to horrific mass genocide. The truth, in this case, as Jehovah's Witness parents, we were all acting in accordance with the true tradition and bipolar roots of Christianity in that we were prepared to sacrifice the lives of our children to an imaginary God. We were conditioning and indoctrinating our children to accept a life peddling WTBTS publications. Lunacy.

The Pledge: The magician shows you something ordinary: a deck of cards, a bird or a man. He shows you this object. Perhaps he asks you to inspect it to see if it is indeed real, unaltered, normal. But of course... it probably isn't. With the WTBTS, they show us something seemingly based in reality, the Bible, more specifically, a trick Bible called the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures.

The Turn: The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. The WTBTS shows us passages in their trick Bible to support their assertion that we are all ordained ministers of God and the only logical way to imitate Jesus and 1st Century Christians is to peddle WT publications at every opportunity. The NWT is the magician's hat, seemingly ordinary, but is rigged with special compartments, or altered language and deliberate mistranslation to support their assertions. You don't look for the secret, the gimmick, because you really don't want to know, and therefore, you're not really looking. You want to be fooled. You want to believe the WTBTS has the truth, and now YOU have the truth, and this makes you a true Christian.

The Prestige: Every single baptized JW, all 7.2 million, are ordained ministers and fulfilling Jesus' commandment to preach the Good News of God's Kingdom in all the inhabited earth! This is somehow evidence that JW’s have real Christian love among themselves. Ta da! Amazing! Truly a people for God’s name! Bravo!

NewChapter, whether you want to see it or not, whether you want to believe it or not, if you were training up your child in the mental regulating of Jehovah, if you were taking them (making them go) to meetings at the Kingdom Hall, if you were reading to them from the WTBTS publications, if you ever supported the idea that your children would not inherit the imaginary mystical kingdom of God unless they were inside the organization of JW’s and having a share in the preaching work (publication peddling) either directly or indirectly, you were by definition, an abusive parent.

Yes, the organization of JW’s has some sweet old ladies who walk into the KH with beaming smiles, seeming joy, gentleness, piousness, and reverence for God and Scripture. But no matter what you believe, there always lies a vicious brutality. Mad people are always nice when you agree with them, even Hitler was kind to kittens and sweet as honey when people nodded in sycophantic agreement. When we follow the life-wasting road of the WTBTS’s syllogistic reasoning from a false premise, where do we end up?

There is a reason why these “sweet” old ladies are still sweet. There is a reason why you do not confront these kinds of people on their irrational beliefs and prejudices, and yourself about your own actions.

The reason is that you are afraid.

You are afraid of the vicious attack dog that guards their superstitious bigotry that is the basis for any and all religion. You are afraid and do not want to admit that you are afraid, so naturally you too must make up answers to explain away your fear. You must rationalize that your intentions were good, that you did what you did with a smile on your face, and therefore you were not abusive. Naturally you must turn what is otherwise called cowardice into a kind of virtue. Naturally you must adopt a position of “tolerance” as a cover for your vehement denial of the frightening truth, and what happens when someone begins to talk to you about the things discussed here? What beast lies beneath your own mad rejection of reason and evidence? What molten rage flows beneath the repression and denial of your fears?

I speak to you with all due respect and compassion, for I, too, once reasoned that I was a good parent, and did what I did in the best interests of my children. I was deluded.

Peace

• AndersonsInfo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit