An interesting weekend. :D

by FifthOfNovember 5 Replies latest jw friends

• FifthOfNovember
    FifthOfNovember

On Friday it was about 70 where I live, so my cousin (who is an unbaptised J-dub) and I decided to play some tennis. As we were walking out of a store (we were looking for tennis balls) I see two older J-dubs driving by, staring at us. I havn't been to the meetings in months and I think they were shocked to see me with a beard. We got into my cousin's car and as they turned down the street (they could still see us, and they were still staring) I started waving frantically and my cousin waved too, and they waved back. :D

And on Saturday morning, I was laying in bed reading "The God Delusion" when I thought I heard some voices in my kitchen. So I opened my bedroom door and heard two J-dubs talking to my mom. One was an elder. So I put on some sweatpants, went to the bathroom quick, and made my way to the kitchen because I figured this could be interesting. Anyway, I get out there and make some small talk about the weather, and then the elder was like "We were placing these books today, you might find the chapter "Does science prove the Bible wrong" interesting." Then he mentioned (didn't offer) about the magazine on atheism and said it had some interesting articles too, but I read that one before anyway. So I took the book, they left, read that chapter, and could argue against pretty much every "proof" of creation and the flood in that chapter.

But the reason why they left me that specific book was because I explained to them a few months back how I don't believe in creation and that I believe science makes much more sense than the Bible. And I'm sure my cousin has told them I don't believe in god anymore so that's probably why the magazine on atheism was mentioned. I used to be paranoid about witnesses just stopping by/seeing them in general and now I think it's the funniest thing ever. :D

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Good for you! I'm surprised you haven't been df'd yet.

• nolongerwaiting
    nolongerwaiting

Oh no not a beard. How very naughty and non JW'ish.

NLW's wife

• FifthOfNovember
    FifthOfNovember

"Good for you! I'm surprised you haven't been df'd yet."

I'm not baptised. I was an unbaptized publisher for about 7 years.

• FifthOfNovember
    FifthOfNovember

The older J-dub I saw on Friday told my cousin at the last meeting that he "wants to see me to talk with me as a friend".

• nolongerwaiting
    nolongerwaiting

Eeeks!

NLW's wife

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit