March 2011 Our Kingdom Ministry?

by Cfldjamie 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome. Sorry you were in the hospital.

My husband was an elder for many years. Eventually, as he was getting older, he got diabetes, high blood pressure, and other things. He was the WT overseer.

For awhile, until the new meds were keeping him stable, he could not conduct the WT, and of course, others had to step up to take his place. When he returned, the elders met with him and told him

he did not "handle his illness correctly." I suppose they meant that he should have been ill only on non-meeting nights, and not have been such a bother to others!

Please read of the many life stories of people on this board. You will probably feel lots of sympathy for them as you read of their treatment at the Kingdom Hall. Working your street and not even stopping

by to see how you were was not Christian, nor loving-from an organization that says that love is their identifying mark.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

thats outrageous Quandry, how exactly was your hubby meant to handle his sickness and what exactly did they mean by it?

• Quandry
    Quandry

Sorry, Jookbeard, I didn't see your reply earlier.

Since he was the WT conductor, he was highly visible. While he was going to the doctor for tests, drinking stuff that makes you go to the bathroom, like barium, he could not go to the meetings. Also, when he was first diagnosed with diabetes, it takes awhile to get the correct dosage. His blood sugar would fall, and he didn't feel good. The blood pressure medications made him extremely dizzy until those dosages were regulated. While he was going through all the tests, he truly did not know what was wrong with him, and so could not tell the body of elders, nor could he predict how long it would be until he would be able to regularly take over the WT lessons again.

Obviously, this was too long and drawn out for them. I suppose one should either get well, and stop playing around, or die quickly so as not to cause any disruption in the congregation.

What a show of love, eh?

• Cfldjamie
    Cfldjamie

Thank you White Dove, your sentiments sum up so well how I am feeling at this time.

It's strange at the amount of support I am currently receiving from genuine people who are not from the local congregation.

Just shows there is some good people still in Christendom!

• Cfldjamie
    Cfldjamie

Why is it that the older sisters, still put younger ones to shame.

Had a visit from an elderly sister this afternoon to see how I am. Also brought my literature.

94 years old and still able to walk to see me, when all the younger ones have cars etc.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I have relatives within driving distance who go see my parents just once a year. They're usually too busy pioneering. I'd like to thank them for helping me wake up my mom and dad. You stay out in service, I'll keep my relationship with my parents!

• Scott77
    Scott77

Cfldjamie ,

I do not see anything wrong for the active JWs not paying you a visit. In fact, this should be a blessing for you. Alot of us here would see this as the best thing one can have. We need peace of mind,not being bothered anymore with such visits. Many of us have been stalked so hard and we badly needs peace. People like Lady Lee and Mr. Flippers were extensively stalked and forced as a result, to change address and perhaps phone numbers. So please, look to positive side of not being visited. Read other stuff like Raymond Franz's Crisis of Conscience. Forget the OKM.

Scott77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit