What Does The GB Really Believe?

by Murray Smith 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Murray Smith
    Murray Smith

A speculative question I suppose . . . but I am quite intrigued by this.

A Witness for 20-odd years . . . and most of that time I truly believed that these men were God's instrument for dispensing truth. Embarrasing now to admit, but I guess every ex-witness did at some time and for some time.

Having now seen the depth of the disingenuine side to the Org . . . just what do the GB really believe about themselves?

Are they so self-deluded as to still believe they are the sole possessors of Divine revelation . . . completely sold to belief in the same "concept" that ensnared us for so long and continues to hold such appeal for the unwary?

Or are they fully aware of the shortcomings of the past and have other more sinister motives?

I know you can't know for sure what's in anothers mind, their true motives etc . . . but this question bugs the hell out of me (sorry).

Perhaps those who have worked within the halls of Bethel or have had a close personal relationship with any of them could shed some light?

• alanv
    alanv

Ray Franz who was on the governing body but left the organisation, felt that they did believe in what they were saying and doing but it was all about 'the organisaton' They feel there has to be loads of rules and regulations to protect the org. This is very different to the what the bible teaches

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

Ray's book CoC mentions that most of the gb had a busy lifestyle and did not have a bible trained conscience, GB meetings did not involve in depth bible reading studies, rather it was decisions accomplished by votes that follow a pattern of who of most respected votes everyone votes in favour.

Spiritual babes in high positions who dictate the lives of others, and others who feel in love with the lie not wanting to put their faith to the test, rather to demonise everyone who follows the bible's counciling in putting it to the test.

• Alfred
    Alfred

The GB is aware that they are NOT God's chosen "channel of communication". They also know that JWs are starting to challenge them a lot more than in the past. But they only change doctrines and beliefs whenever they can spin themselves out of the situation.

• Murray Smith
    Murray Smith

There's been a lot of water under the bridge since Ray's departure . . . plenty to cause them to look at themselves I would think.

I suspect you are right Alfred . . . I didn't think it was possible, but they have gone down even further in my estimation . . . the current situation can only be the doing of those who have little or no real fear of God

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit