hemoglobin sausage

by J. Hofer 7 Replies latest watchtower medical

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

since JWs have been allowed blood fractions for some time now, and sice refusing a life saving blood transfusion is clearly more extreme than the original biblical nutrition commandment, i'm now planning to step into a whole new business:

blood fraction sausages: hemoglobin mortadella, hot albumin dogs or immunoglobulin salami.

would there be a market for that? would it be ok for JWs to eat those?

• wobble
    wobble

Ask your local supermarket if they will sell it next to the Hallal meat.

Great point though, if JW's blanch at eating these fractions, how come they will tranfuse/inject them ?

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

i've used the blood fraction sausage term several times when the topic comes up, right along with the question where they think all the fractions they accept come from if not from donated blood. the looks are priceless.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More
    blood fraction sausages: hemoglobin mortadella, hot albumin dogs or immunoglobulin salami.

Very good! I might use this in the future myself...good analogy

• TD
    TD

I like the humor. The contradiction is even deeper though.

Since cooking irrevocably fractionates blood, the current policy is tantamout to saying, "It's okay to eat blood as long as it's cooked first."

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Hemoglobin mortadella.........what a novel idea

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

no butchers among us? i'd really like to give this a go...

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Mmmm, sounds delish. Can I get one on a sesame bun, with spicy mustard and grilled onions on top?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit