Great and appropriate lines from movies

by Mad Sweeney 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Kid's watching Wall-E right now.

I love the part when the GB, er, Borg, er, Auto Pilot is telling the captain that staying on the ship means surviving and the captain says:

"I don't want to survive, I WANT TO LIVE!"

• leftbelow
    leftbelow

In office space when "The Bob's" Tell peter they notice he has been missing a lot of work and he replies

"I wouldn't excactly say I've been missing it"

That about sums up my feelings when my mom tells me she noticed I have missed a lot of meetings

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Scarecrow (Ray Bolger): I haven't got a brain... only straw.

Dorothy (Judy Garland): How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?

Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?

Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

'Wizard of Oz'

• unshackled
    unshackled

From Unforgiven...

Little Bill (Hackman): I don't deserve this...to die like this.
    Will Munny (Eastwood): Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.

From Shawshank Redemption...
    Andy Dufresne: Get busy living, or get busy dying.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Talladega Nights:

Look, I like the Christmas Jesus best, and I'm sayin' grace. When you say grace, you can say it to Grownup Jesus or Teenage Jesus or Bearded Jesus or whoever you want.

Dear Tiny Jesus, in your golden fleece diapers with your tiny, little fat balled up fists...

Dear Lord Baby Jesus, lying there in your...your little ghost manger, lookin' at your Baby Einstein developmental...videos, learnin' 'bout shapes and colors...

Dear Lord Baby Jesus, or as our brothers to the south call you JÈsus. We thank you so much for this bountiful harvest of Dominoís, KFC, and the always delicious Taco Bell.

I just want to take time to say thank you for my family, My two beautiful, beautiful, handsome, striking sons, Walker, and Texas Ranger, or T.R., as we call him. And of course my red hot smokin wife, Carley, who is a stone cold fox, who if you would rate her ass on 100 it would easily be a 94. I also want to thank you for my best friend and teammate, Cal Naughton Jr, Whos got my back no matter what.

Dear Lord Baby Jesus, we also like to thank you for my wifes father Chip, we hope that you can use your baby Jesus powers to heal him and his horrible leg. It smells terrible and the dogs are always bothering with it.

Dear Eight Pound, Six Ounce, Newborn Baby Jesus, dont even know a word yet, just a little infant, so cuddly, but still omnipotent. We'd just like to thank you for all the races Ive won and the $21.2 million, LOVE THAT MONEY! That I have accrued over this past season. Also due to a binding endorsement contract that stipulates I mention PowerAde at each grace, I just wanna say that PowerAde is delicious and it cools you off on a hot summer day and we look forward to PowerAde's release of mystic mountain blueberry. Thank you, for all your power and your grace, Dear Baby God, Amen

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Frankly Scarlet, I don't give a damn!

Rick's speech in Casablance about their problems not amounting to a hill of beans......... Claude Rains to Bogey about Free French.

I'm blanking.

Now is the winter of our discontent. Richard III? Not sure

To be or not to be....Hamlet

Neither a begger, nor a lender be......

The first thing we'll do is kill all the lawyers. One of the Henry plays.

......Agincourt. Henry IV- Olivier.

Hal's speech in 2010, a space odyssey.

Robert Redford, I don't know how to swim. Paul Newman. Are you crazy? We'll die. Butch Cassidy.

Rosebud - Citizen Kane.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

The Truth ?! You can't handle the Truth!

• free2beme
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Not so much a dialogue line but a visual perception : When taylor is b4 the judicial commitee in "The Planet Of The Apes" and the orangutans "elders" are sitting their in judgement, one with his paws over his ears,another with his paws over his eyes,and the third with his paws over his mouth,just mirrors how the Gov.Body, doesn`t want to hear,see, or speak anything that is critical, constructive or otherwise, about the organization,no matter how true or factual such information is.

smiddy

• d
    d

I this quote from Fight Club

I like Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

Story of my generations's life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit